Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
It's not a product failure, it's a service failure
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Impossible to sign up my friend for the Instant Ink service as of mid-May 2021, for her eligible 6970 printer. Constantly getting the error message

Server Error. Try again soon.

on clicking the "Save & Continue" button after filling in requested details on webpage

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/n/web_enroll/shipping

Others have had this problem too:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/Server-Error-Try-again-soon/td-p/7754101

Whatever it is you're getting wrong here, HP, please get it fixed, soon. Thanks in anticipation.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@PatrickOfLondon

Welcome to HP Support Community! 

Let's disable and enable web services: To remove Web Services using the printer control panel 1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings). 2. Touch Remove Web Services.

To set up Web Services using the printer control panel 1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Web Services Setup . 3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates. NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the onscreen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network. 5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select Install Automatically (Recommended) or Alert When Available. 6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer pri

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty, thank you for responding, and offering your helpfully intended advice.

I have already been through this procedure several times including on two telephone calls with an HP support agent. None of it has proved to be of any help. The case is currently outstanding and rests with HP's support centre.

HP Recommended

Sure, do let us know if you need any further help.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem until may, can HP please solve the problem? Thankssss..........

HP Recommended

delete the cookies in the browser

HP Recommended

Have you personally experienced this particular problem, and have you personally verified that your suggested solution will cure it?

I very much doubt that it will have any bearing or beneficial effect whatsoever, on the underlying problem.

• Any solution to this problem would be welcome but should be tested and verified as effective before being posted here.
HP Recommended

yesss, I have

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll check it out on the friend's machine this has arisen on, next time I visit them a week or two from now.

I remain sceptical about the likely outcome, because we have already tried to sign up for that person from a number of different devices using a number of different browsers in a number of different locations. Nothing has as yet eliminated the "Server error. Try again soon" error message returned from HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.