Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Has anyone else had their Instant Ink plan increased?

I am on the £1.99 plan and I have never gone over my plan and paid each month. I have just received an email saying my plan is going up from £1.99 to £2. 99.

I am still on the first set of inks from HP. Looking on the HP site there is no mention of a price increase. So, I guess this is what they do after so many months.

It will be interesting if anyone else has had a price increase. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We appreciate and value your feedback. HP offers to their Instant Ink program´ users a dedicated site with a variety of support options to help you on the different questions you may have about our program and subscription plans: https://instantink.hpconnected.com

We hope this information may be of some assistance.

HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
HP Recommended

I have also received this email, I’ve been on the £1.99 plan for a while so I think it is bad luck that you’ve had the same increase after a short time. I guess they apply to all customers. A 50% price increase is pretty shocking though!!

HP Recommended

Yep, got my email this morning - a £1 increase from the £1.99 plan is a bit rich for my blood and I've already downgraded. Disappointed. 

HP Recommended

I've had the same email. It's a huge 50% increase and VERY annoying. We were on the 100 page plan for 33 months and printed on average 45 pages/month. We dropped to the 50 page plan just 3 months ago. Of course the lower the plan you are on the bigger the percentage increase. There are other subscription options available and I may have to look into them because unlike what HP say in their email, I do not feel like a valued customer, I feel like I'm being taken for a ride!!

HP Recommended

Yes. I have had an email saying going up. Still on my first ink cartridge. 

HP Recommended

It's nice to hear that I am not alone, thank you for your replies. 

It would not be so bad if HP were increasing their prices across the board, like an annual increase that would not be so bad, but a 50% increase that's not fair. 

So, it might have cost me more money but I have just ordered myself an Epson printer and I will not make a mistake by joining their scheme. 

Thank you again 😉 

HP Recommended

I have had the printer for nearly a year and been sent one colour and one black cartridge in that time and they are still half full (the cartridges that came with the printer did not last long).  So I think that I will be better off out of the plan with this increase.  

The Cartridge People sell the actual HP cartridges for £10.49 each.

HP Recommended

I am on the $2.99 plan that is being increased to $3.99!  AN INCREASE OF 33%! .. An increase of that amount is ABUSIVE and WRONG!  Prices go up..  I get that... BUT NOT 33%!...  I will continue on the program until I change printers and will do "Whatever it takes" NOT to get an HP!   Disgusting!

HP Recommended

@Dewskman1

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi LlanelliGuy … and HP( @sandytechy20 )

You were notified of the price increase on 9 Jan?  I received an email today 15 Jan, having just bought an HP printer only 3 days ago!

I bought an HP printer on 12 Jan having checked the InstantInk rates on the HP website and opted for a £1.99/50 page package after trial period ends.   The price rise was already being notified to existing customers BEFORE I bought my printer on the previous terms.  Absolutely incredible!!!

A 50% increase is unconscionable!! 
Before finding this forum, I had a WhatsApp conversation with an HP social media person on this matter which was less than fruitful but I am determined not to be fobbed off.

I was not going to make excessive use of my trial period but now I’m inclined to abuse it … yes … abuse it.

I am on a 9 month trial which will allow me to print up to 700 pages per month.  I intend to make full use of this service.  That’s 6300 A4 full colour photographs, with HP sending me replacement cartridges as required.  I don’t really WANT these photographs but it might be deemed reasonable within the terms and conditions set by HP.

I have had many HP printers before but once my trial has ended I DO NOT intend to continue with InstantInk.  I fully expect my printer to stop working when HP ‘switches off’ my InstantInk cartridge and when I install my first ‘compatible’ cartridge, the printer will never work again as firmware update will see to that (unless I isolate the printer from the network, which btw was a nightmare to set up on a dual band router … they don’t tell you that!).  The printer will probably end up in 9 months time in a skip (USA ‘dumpster’) … not a very Green solution.

So, all in all I’m disgusted with HP, even before our relationship has got off the ground.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.