Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5010
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, I am having a few issues when printing.

When I have been printing some of my photos using A4 photo paper, occasionally I have a few problems before it prints perfectly.

The printer will print half of the photo and then stop. It does not complete the job so only half a photo prints.

It has also printed the full photo but left ink splashes on my photos.

Another issue is that it will print the full photo but leave a colour mark over the photo.

Today I have also been trying to print on 12 x 6inch cards (to make handmade cards). Everything is correctly set on the printer settings but it is not printing the whole text, only one letter. I have tried this twice.

Not only am I wasting time and photo paper but also wasting many instant ink pages every month trying to get the printer to print correctly. I will attach a few photos of the pages I have recently printed.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

20200315_211502.jpg

HP Recommended

20200315_211440.jpg

HP Recommended

20200315_213724.jpg

HP Recommended

20200315_213814.jpg

HP Recommended

@victoriax When you post multiple times the time to respond to you get's delayed as the post reset's each time, posting multiple times may also send your post into the spam box, hence we don't recommend you do that!

That said, I suggest you check if the copier works fine? If it doesn't work either, follow the steps from this link: Click here for steps.

Also, the fact that you've lost paper and ink could be taken care off, you may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Sorry, I was just trying to add photos to the post but I had to do it separately - didn't intend on pushing my post up as I posted them around the same time, to show the problems I am having 🙂

The copier works fine. 

I have responded to your private message - thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hi @victoriax

I'd suggest you check the printer's specifications page to verify the paper you are using is supported - Product Specifications for the HP ENVY 5010 All-in-One Printer

Supported Photo paper - 

HP Premium Plus Photo Paper - HP Premium Plus Photo Paper is HP’s highest-quality photo paper for your best photos. With HP Premium Plus Photo Paper, you can print beautiful photos that are instant-dry so you can share them right off the printer. The printer supports several sizes, including A4, 8.5 x 11 inches, 4 x 6 inches (10 x 15 cm), 5 x 7 inches (13 x 18 cm),11 x 17 inches, and in two finishes - glossy or soft gloss (semi-gloss). Ideal for framing, displaying, or gifting your best photos and special photo projects. HP Premium Plus Photo Paper delivers exceptional results with professional quality and durability.

HP Advanced Photo Paper - This glossy photo paper features an instant-dry finish for easy handling without smudging. It resists water, smears, fingerprints, and humidity. Your prints have a look and feel comparable to a storeprocessed photo. It is available in several sizes, including A4, 8.5 x 11 inches, 10 x 15 cm (4 x 6 inches), 13 x 18 cm (5 x 7 inches). It is acid-free for longer lasting documents.

HP Everyday Photo Paper - Print colorful, everyday snapshots at a low cost, using paper designed for casual photo printing. This affordable photo paper dries quickly for easy handling. Get sharp, crisp images when you use this paper with any inkjet printer. It is available in glossy finish in several sizes, including A4, 8.5 x 11 inches, 5 x 7 inches and 4 x 6 inches 10 x 15 cm. It is acid-free for longer lasting documents.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, the paper I am using to print photos is HP everyday photo paper. The paper isn't the issue, it's the printer. The printer is either leaving ink splashes or printing half the job and stopping. 

I have gone through all the trouble shooting and cleaned printer heads, aligned cartridges etc. I am often having to reprint my photos 2 or 3 times, wasting pages and paper. 

As shown above the printer only printed 1 letter on a blank greeting card instead of the whole text. I tested this twice as don't want to keep wasting paper/card or my instant ink pages. 

20200318_095445.jpg

HP Recommended

@victoriax

Please check the printer settings - HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Windows)

Also, try a different Photo Paper. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.