Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It would be terrific if this could be "updated"

HP Remote Graphics Receiver

Version: 7.7.0.20876

Build Date: Sep 6 2019

HP z8 I think it's on 7.4 CentOS

pc running Windows 10

Flame 2020.3

HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy,

Thank you very much for looking into this. RGS works very good with so we really hope you can fix the sound.

I'm working remote to an old Flame now but had the same problem to a newer.

RGS version running:  7.6.1.19438

Sender model and OS version:  z820 with RedHat 6.2? 

Receiver model and OS version:  7.6.1.19438 on MacPro 6.1 running El Capitain 

Flame version: 2015 ext3 SP3

Got audio working after running rg_alsa_config.sh?  Yes

Audio is at 44.1KHz but needs to be at 48KHz?  Yes - Playback speed is slow, low pitched and goes out of sync

Sender model and OS version:  z840 with CentOS

Receiver model and OS version:  7.7 on MacPro 6.1 running High Sierra 

Flame version: 2019.x?

Got audio working after running rg_alsa_config.sh?  Yes

Audio is at 44.1KHz but needs to be at 48KHz?  Yes - Playback speed is slow, low pitched and goes out of sync

HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy,

First I want to thank your team for RGS 2020.  The performance is great, and Linux->Linux Wacom pressure sensitivity is flawless.

Since Flame is a professional video finishing tool, and most audio mixes are given to us at 48KHz, it would be great if RGS could support that sample rate.  Unfortunately Flame will do all its audio calculations at the sample rate that the audio device is set to.  For example, if we have an audio track that is 48KHz, and we are in RGS mode (44KHz) not only will the sync be off, but all exports of the 48KHz source track, will be downsampled to 44KHz.  That would be un-acceptable for delivery.

The ONLY solution to this, is for RGS to support 48Khz.  Once you guys do that, RGS provides the only software based solution that provides video, audio & Wacom.  Not even Teradici Cloud Access Plus does that.  That software is a mess anyway.

This is based off the following tech specs:

Sender:  CentOS 7.6, RGS 2020, Flame 2020.3

Receiver: Ubuntu 19.10, RGS 2020

run rg_alsa_config.sh, audio works, but needs to be 48KHz, NOT 44Khz.

HP Recommended

Hi Alatteri,

I'm glad you are enjoying the 2020 version, we're always working on making it better every release.

Well, you'll be happy to know our team has been made aware of this problem and are investigating the situation.

And to make sure you all get the fix when we have a build for it, I will message you and the others.

Thank you for providing feedback.

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Adding myself to this so I get updates- RGS is working really well on our Flames, we are running 7.7, but I'm testing 2020 on one machine. Been struggling with audio sync and this explains everything. 

Until we can get 48k audio, we can't use remote audio at all. 

I look forward to hearing about a quick resolution to this.

Paul

HP Recommended

Replying to this also to get updates, 

We are desperately needing audio to work properly on flame. 

Our flame systems are mostly Z840 with CentOS 7.2 and either flame2019.2.2 or flame 2020.2

Our receiver systems are a mix of CentOS 7.4, 7.6 and ubuntu 18.04

We also have windows and mac receivers available for test

All systems are running ZCentral Remote Boost 2020.0

Sam

HP Recommended

Hello Lizzy,

Has a patch been made available for this yet? We have the same issue at our company and are pretty keen on trying to resolve this.

We don't mind being guinea pigs if needs be 🙂

Thanks,

Caleb

HP Recommended

Hi Caleb, I've sent you (and everyone else) a private message with a workaround that should help with the audio issues.

Hope that helps everyone.

UPDATE: please refer to my latest reply here for the final resolution:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-ZCentral-Remote-Boost-and-Connect/Autodesk-Flame-Reference-is-44-1k...

------------------------
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I would love to be in on this as well as we are also having sync issues with our flames and Remote boost on our Z8's

HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy_G, nice to see that HP support team made a patch to solve this important issues for the Flame community.

Please can you send me the patch, many thanks in advance.

By the way one of our systems:

RGS version running: 7.7

Sender model and OS version: Z8 with Centos 7.4

Receiver model and OS version: Windows 10 Pro

Flame version: 2020.3

Got audio working after running rg_alsa_config.sh?  yes working at 44khz

Audio is at 44.1KHz but needs to be at 48KHz? Yes, please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.