Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, when i turn on my printer at the wall the printer now displays a 'HP' screen followed shortly by an error code on a blue background. The error code is C4EBA63D. The printer is unuasable.

I have read similar posts with this problem and the advice has been to remove the lead from the wall power supply and wait one minute before re-trying, but this has not worked (it may change the error code displayed though, it appears to be different each time).

Further advice from HP support is to do a hard reset following some specific instructions. Can you tell me how to do this please?

Thanks for any help. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cambs

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer is not working and displays an error code C4EBA63D. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any hardware changes take place on the printer recently (like a paper jam, carriage jam, cartridge replacement, etc.)?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then, please remove the ink cartridges out one by one and check if the error goes away. If the error code persists even without the ink cartridges then it indicates towards a hardware failure with the printer and you may contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the printer. 

I sincerely hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I tried the steps you suggested but there s no change in the situation, an error code is still displayed , it now says C4EBA971.

I was not able to remove any printer cartridges as they stayed in the 'parked' position after i opened the printer lid, so were not accessible.

You ask if anything happened prior to the fault; we did do a print job of a 12 page document which we set to print on both sides of the paper, but this job seemed to freeze - It very slowly printed two sheets of paper and then did nothing for a long period of time. We had to cance the job n windows and power off the printer to clear it down.

We then printed the document succesfully on one page of paper per A4 side.

There is no paper jam , I have taken the tray out and opened the access panels are the path looks clean.

Anything else you can suggest please, it has been a troublesome purchase, the scanner has worked ony a few times even after being repaired under warranty, and i am really regretting having bought it?

HP Recommended

Hi @Cambs,

I reviewed the post completely. You've been remarkable by displaying immense patience spectacular troubleshooting skills and a great attitude to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 As @MKazi is out of office, I am taking over from here.

The printer's hardware is faulty. So please contact Hp phone support to get it replaced. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.