02-16-2020 12:28 PM
New issue for printer that's been fine for years: Now see delay of several minutes after each print command before printing starts.
02-19-2020 04:22 AM
@sue722, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I understand you have slow printing issues, follow the steps below to resolve the issue-
Check the printer preferences
Selecting certain paper types or printing in Best quality can slow print speeds. Print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.
Search Windows for printers, and then click Printers & scanners in the list of results.
Click your printer, and then click Manage.
Click Printing Preferences.
Click the Paper or Paper/Quality tab.
In the Type or Paper Type field, make sure Plain Paper is selected.
Adjust the print quality.
HP Inkjet and LaserJet printers:
In the Print Quality field, make sure Draft or Normal is selected.
Click OK or Apply to confirm the changes.
Try to print.
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
I am an HP Employee