Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have just installed a new BT Hub Router and cannot access wireless setup as I have fogotten the username and  password. This prevents me from getting past the comtrol panel lock. I have tried disconnecting the power and reonnecting whilst holding in the on button but this seems to do nothing! I have now deleted the printer in system preferences but this still doesn't let me reinstall without the username and password. Please help as now a good printer is useless!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @RupertC,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi network after changing routers. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. )

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to restore the network defaults of the printer to factory settings?

For now please try these steps:

• Please perform a network defaults restore on the printer and it will reset the printer to factory settings from this user guide link: http://hp.care/2t7Na9C and refer page#39 on how to do it.
  • Then try to connect the printer to the wireless network using this document: http://hp.care/2vWEIvW
  • This should do the trick for you.
  • If this does not work, I will send a private message on how to perform a semi full reset to factory settings in a private message. Please keep checking your forum private messages.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @RupertC,

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi network after changing routers. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. )

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to restore the network defaults of the printer to factory settings?

For now please try these steps:

• Please perform a network defaults restore on the printer and it will reset the printer to factory settings from this user guide link: http://hp.care/2t7Na9C and refer page#39 on how to do it.
  • Then try to connect the printer to the wireless network using this document: http://hp.care/2vWEIvW
  • This should do the trick for you.
  • If this does not work, I will send a private message on how to perform a semi full reset to factory settings in a private message. Please keep checking your forum private messages.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @RupertC,

I reviewed the post. You've done amazingly well. You've displayed spectacular technical competence, infinite patience and terrific resolve to try and fix the issueKudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 As mentioned by you in your earlier private message, I am glad that I was of some assistance to get the printer running on the network

. To setup the printer with the desktop please perform these steps:

First reset the Mac printing system by following these steps from this link: http://hp.care/2gOrf2g

Then add the printer to the network by following these steps:

1.) Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.

2.) Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.

3.) In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.

4.) Click the Add button.

5.) Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

6.) Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer.

7.) Avoid the AirPrint driver. Once the correct HP driver is chosen, select Add to add the printer to the list.

8.) Try to print.

To scan using the computer please check this link: http://hp.care/2wiIXNT

It gives you steps on how to scan, using HP easy scan or Apple image capture with FAQs.

This will do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a fabulous year ahead and stay healthy. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.