12-02-2019 03:30 AM
I sent a page to be printed before realising the printer was switched off. As soon as I switched it on, it went into error mode and I was unable to send anything for printing. The light on the power button is flashing. The small screen on the printer shows a fixed hp logo with a striped bar underneath. Printer will not switch off using the power button. I have unplugged the cable at the back and also unplugged from the wall. After reconnecting it immediately returns to the same mode, with power button flashing and HP logo on screen
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-04-2019 02:29 PM - edited 12-04-2019 02:30 PM
@Cruickie1874, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the printer. The power button is flashing as there might be documents in the print queue.
- On the PC, Go to Start, Control Panel and Administrative Tools. Double click on Services icon.
- Scroll down to the Print Spooler service and right click on it and select Stop. In order to do this, you need to be logged in as Administrator.
- Next, you need to go to the following directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS. You can also type %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS into the address bar in Explorer if the C drive is not the default Windows partition. Delete all the files in this folder.
- This will clear all print queues (If you’re doing this on a server, it’s a good idea to first make sure there are no other print jobs being processed for any of the other printers on the server because doing this step will delete those jobs also).
- Now you can go back to the Services console and right-click and choose Start for the Print Spooler service.
Now, try restarting the printer.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee