01-13-2020 10:13 PM
HP Envy printer will not print in color from my new computer. It works fine when printing from my husband's computer, my phone, or my old computer. I uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and the first page printed correctly, but subsequent pages printed in black and white.
01-16-2020 10:58 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. This issue is because of a conflict between the printer driver and the Win 10 OS. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-15-2020 11:08 AM
It worked, but only for a short time. Each time I was printing and it ran out of paper, or had a different user intervention message, I had to repeat this process all over again. It is quite frustrating as I am enrolled in the instant ink program and either have to re print, which could essentially double my printed pages for the cycle, or just keep the black and white copy, which defeats the purpose of having a a color printer.
I have no trouble printing from any other computer or my phone, so I know it is something with the printer communicating with my new computer. Thank you for your help and I would welcome any other suggestions!!!