Did you mean: 
klatta
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer not printing in color from new computer

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy printer will not print in color from my new computer. It works fine when printing from my husband's computer, my phone, or my old computer. I uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and the first page printed  correctly, but subsequent pages printed in black and white.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 426 526
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @klatta

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. This issue is because of a conflict between the printer driver and the Win 10 OS. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
klatta
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It worked, but only for a short time. Each time I was printing and it ran out of paper, or had a different user intervention message, I had to repeat this process all over again. It is quite frustrating as I am enrolled in the instant ink program and either have to re print, which could essentially double my printed pages for the cycle, or just keep the black and white copy, which defeats the purpose of having a a color printer. 

I have no trouble printing from any other computer or my phone, so I know it is something with the printer communicating with my new computer. Thank you for your help and I would welcome any other suggestions!!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation