Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

A few months ago, I  updated my router to a 4G SIM router, rather than an ADSL router, since then I have not been able to print from my desktop Windows 10 PC to the HP Envy Photo 6230 printer.

When I print from the desktop PC (using notepad, word or testprint) the print joins the print queue and is then marked in the queue as Status - Error Printing. 

The desktop PC is  connected via a network cable to a Devolo Dlan 500 wifi extender and does NOT have a wifi card.

Moving the printer to be in the same room as the new router (rather than near the wifi extender) does not help.

Running the HPPrint/Scan doctor fixes a port mismatch every time it runs, but this does not fix the problem.

I can wireless print from two laptops to this printer, but not the desktop  PC. 

I can scan from the desktop PC and I can manage the printer (i.e. check ink levels, alter config of printer) from the desktop PC.

I can print from a laptop connected to the Devolo Dlan 500 wifi extender via a cable and with the laptop's wifi disabled and the printer in the same room.

Disabling the firewall on the desktop PC in order to print (having cleared the queue) does not allow me to print.

I have changed the Printer IP address to a static one outside of the DHCP range of the new router. 

I uninstalled all HP software including the driver (using printui /s /t2)

I stopped the print queue service and deleted all files in c:\windows\system32\spool\printers

I rebooted and reinstalled the basic device software

I have tried the above multiple times even rebooting between each step.

I have tried setting up a new IP port on the device connecting directly to the ip address of the printer.  The printer then prints pages and pages of gibberish characters

At one stage I cleared the registry using a HPScanDr recommended procedure.

Printer firmware is latest version.

Things I haven't done:

1. I haven't recently deleted all HP related registry setting from the PC and re-install.  I  have lost the reference for how to do this and don't why this should help

2. I haven't  put a wifi card in the desktop PC (but I don't see why this should help seeing as a laptop connected via cable to the Devolo device with wifi disabled still prints).

If anyone can help I will be VERY pleased!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DavidAndFamily, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What happens when you connect the printer using an Ethernet cable? Does it work?

Try bypassing the extender and connect the printer wirelessly to the network and check if the issue persists.

• This printer supports dual-band network.
  • Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4GHz or 5GHz.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Once the devices are connected, 

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Go to Tools > Print a test page.

If the issue persists, restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.