Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6950
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

Yesterday I enrolled in HP InstantInk and I am waiting for my Welcome Kit.

THough, I noticed a problem. My printer shows offline:

Capture.JPG

To fix that, I contacted the InstantInk Support, through the "Chat" icon at the top of the page. I chatted for a long time with one agent (Case Number: **********) but the it got disconnected. Then I tried contacting another agent and it got reconnected too. Then I tried a third agent and the same happened. The chat window kept "attempting to reconnect", it was more like they were ignoring me.

Anyway, The first agent instructed me to remove HP Web Services and HP ePrint. I have done so, but now I cannot reconnect back. I have a great 35Mbps internet connection. Why does this happen? Why cant it connect to the HP Connected Server?

Capture2.JPG

1)  Why did my printer show as offline in the InstantInk website?

2) How can I reconnect Web Services and HP ePrint?

THanks in advance, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved with a semi-full reset in the end...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @margirou1

Andrea here again 🙂 I am going to give you some steps to get your printer back on your account.

1. Click the eprint icon on the front panel of your printer.

2. Click settings on that screen.

3. Scroll to remove web services and click this. Respond to the question that will pop up. This will take you back out to the main screen.

4. Click the eprint icon once again.

5. Click setup and respond to the question(s). If you cannot print the claim code you will need to write it down. It will be the characters before the @hpeprint.com. You do not need the @hpeprint.com part.

6. Log into your Instant Ink account.

7. Click on the notifications at the top ( looks like a bell ) .

8. Click on add printer now beside the "Printer Connection Lost!"

9. Enter the new claim code

If you run into an issue please feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks,

Andrea
-HP Instant Ink Support

A-Roxy
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

First, it showed me an eeror screen saying "The printer could not connect to Web Services. The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later".

Then i insisted and on the third try it gave me an email address and I inputted the claim code in both the InstantInk website (as you instructed) and on the HP Connected website but both say the Claim Code is invalid. The InstantInk website says "Printer code not recognized. Try again." and the HP COnnected website says "Invalid claim code".

HP Recommended

Now I tried clicking again on the HP ePrint icon and it gives me a different email address and claim code... It always changes and doesnt stay the same

HP Recommended

@margirou1,

Yes the email will change each time you remove the web services and set it up once again. You might have to do this a second time, or double check the characters in the email address sometimes a 0 looks like an o and because of the pixels on the display screen it can be hard to tell. I have had customers have to do this a few times before they got one that would go through.

Let me know, I am here to help anyway I can.

Thanks,

Andrea
-HP Instant Ink Support

A-Roxy
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

i have tested and the problem is not that

HP Recommended

Problem solved with a semi-full reset in the end...

HP Recommended

Great! Glad to hear it is all resolved.

Thanks,

Andrea
-HP Instant Ink Support

A-Roxy
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thank you! I was having the same issue and this resolved it!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.