Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Re cklamsgp: 

Yes, I could print by replacing Calibri with a different installed font.

If instead you meant "replace" the font in the default style, no, I didn't try redefining the Style.

I have found Calibri a very useful font in headers for a number of my templates and could not find a satisfactory replacement among my other fonts, so I was not in a hurry to make do without it.

Regards, Paul

HP Recommended

This morning my Mac was pointing for a new sw. update in the Apple Store. I did found a new update available notice relative to HP printer drivers.

Despite the version is still 5.1, which is the one I already downloaded and installed, I did tried again to install this update.

After install I did reset the printing subsystem and re-created all the printers.

The driver version being applied to our HP M605 are still the same V19.13 and, as I was worried about, the offending command error is still there. Not solved....

HP Recommended

I've tried resetting the Printing System but like many who tried, it doesn't solve the problem. But anyone wishing to reset the Printing System: BE FOREWARNED - it will remove all your existing printers and you have to manually add them all back!

HP Recommended

The HP technician dealing with my case called again today (the third time now) and said that the problem had been escalated to the development team as a revised driver or firmware update will be needed to fix this problem, that started with the High Sierra release.

He also said that this fix may take some time to be delivered and to some extent will depend on the number of customers with the problem.

To me, the message seems clear, if you have the problem discussed in this thread, then open an HP case of your own, as it seems that the more of them there are, the sooner we will get a fix…

HP Recommended

Have them to read this thread!! and the same threads on Apple forums.

The issue is well know everywhere world wide....

I've tried few times to get registered to the central support site, but I'm keeping not receiving the confirmation email to click and confirm.  On the other side I don't want to call the Italian support as it will be just a waste of time....

Let's hope they'll release something soon....

HP Recommended

Happy New Year, everyone!

I opened an Apple case in October on this very same issue. I have a HP M551DN that is experiencing the same problem as outlined in the many threads, above. I spent hours on the phone with Apple support; they scanned my Macs, etc, reset everything, uploaded new drivers, etc. And then nothing back from them.

I am not as technical as many people on this thread. However, my opinion is that this is an Apple issue, not HP's. (That is, unless, HP didn't get the memo from Apple that they were supposed to make a change to their printer drivers for the new High Sierra OS, but who knows...)

I do know, in my case, all is still fine with 'Sierra' macs which print w/o any issue; 'High Sierra' macs won't print most of the time. To the same printers on the same network. The OS difference is the one variable that I've seen that is consistent across this issue.

My case number with Apple is 100334402107. Please feel free to reference this Case number with them, if you think it would be helpful, as an example of what is occuring. Again, I sent this into them months ago.

Best of luck.

HP Recommended

Happy New Year, everyone!

I opened an Apple case in October on this very same issue. I have a HP M551DN that is experiencing the same problem as outlined in the many threads, above. I spent hours on the phone with Apple support; they scanned my Macs, etc, reset everything, uploaded new drivers, etc. And then nothing back from them.

I am not as technical as many people on this thread. However, my opinion is that this is an Apple issue, not HP's. (That is, unless, HP didn't get the memo from Apple that they were supposed to make a change to their printer drivers for the new High Sierra OS, but who knows...)

I do know, in my case, all is still fine with 'Sierra' macs which print w/o any issue; 'High Sierra' macs won't print most of the time. To the same printers on the same network. The OS difference is the one variable that I've seen that is consistent across this issue.

My case number with Apple is 100334402107. Please feel free to reference this Case number with Apple, if you think it would be helpful, as an example of what is occuring. Again, I sent this into them months ago.

Best of luck.

HP Recommended

Try changing the font on your document.  Unbelievable.  Printing from XLS with default Calibri fault - page only prints ERROR: undefinedresult
OFFENDING COMMAND: xshow

Change the font to Arial and the same document prints fine.

Nice job HP

HP Recommended

Just to throw in another interesting twist with tihs, I've just been with a user where I'm working who was reporting issues printing .doc and PDF files.

I asked her to try changing font from Calibri and this didn't seem to help however we did notice that she was able to print a single page OK and it was only if she went over 1 page it gave the xshow error.

Even with calibri font she was able to print single pages, not sure if others who experienced the Word docs issue are able to confirm?

HP Recommended

Can confirm similar effects. Sometimes! Not only with Word, but also with other Software. On some days you are able to print with a certain font without problems, even complete long documents. On other days only the well-knwon error message shows up. Sometimes single pages can be printed, but not complete ducuments. Sometimes it helps to replace the font. And then suddenly printing with this font does not work any more. Over several weeks you may experience almost any situation you might think of. You might even be successful if you try and try and try (including changing fonts, booting, switching between standard driver and Airprint driver).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.