Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro M12w
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have connected my Mac Os 10.13 with a usb.  The printer has come up in the printers list.  I added the printer and when I try to print.  It says it finishes the print job but nothing happens then the printer window and on dock closes automatically.   It prints fine on my old Mac which is 10.10.5.  I have removed and added the printer on the list.  I have reset the printer right clicking on the window.  I have unplugged the power from the back, then the wall, and then plugged back in again.  Nothing has worked.

Help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Heatherfro,

I have been on the forum for years as noted below I work at HP.  Many have complained about Mac interconnections.  I copied this off the forum, so none of it is my info, but it wasn't posted as a solution and it seemed to be real info, at least for PDF printing.   Please use it if you can and mark as the solution if it works for you so others can find it please.  Dovid

This is not question but an answer for other frustrated HP users out there. I have long experienced PDF printing issues on MacOS on my LaserJet MFP M477fdn. There are numerous threads about this issue but HP archives them (aka locks them down) so I can't really reply to them. If you have PDF printing issues under MacOS IGNORE all the advice you read about resetting printing system and installing the printer again. I have done that countless times and the problem always comes back again so it's not a proper solution, it only hides the problem away. The solution to this problem is to add the printer via IP. So on the Mac System Preferences => Printers and Scanners click on the +, select the IP tab and enter the IP of your printer. Your printer needs to have a fixed IP, so if you need help on how to do that you will need to Google it. Once you add the printer by IP, set it as default, delete the other printer and voila! All your problems are gone.

PS: You can right click and rename it to a more friendly name

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing ((;-)>
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP. Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you.
HP Recommended

I never received notification of an answer to my question so my older version Mac finally died and now I need to try and connect the printer again to my 10.13.6 model .  I tried finding the printer wirelessly but the printer does not show up.  I can't print the wireless configuration page to get the IP address because the driver will not open on the computer.  Any other suggestions...I tried downloading HP easy Start and it would not complete the start up.  Looks like it is not possible to use this printer with this version of mac

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.