Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Dear ealkjhljha,

Tried to leave a Big "THANK YOU" on your blog site but screwed it up somehow.  Came back here to let you know how much I appreciate your fix and the Pics.  They worked like a charm and I'm no tech----it took me about 10 min. including finding the small star drive.  Thanks again, I was seriously thinking of making this thing a boat anchor.  Now I hope to be able to use it for a couple of more years.  

HP Recommended

thanks up and running not on way to scrap heap

thanks again 

HP Recommended

Hello ealkjhljha,

Thanks for your solution! It worked. We can print again.

I replaced the wireless connection bij a wired one. Hopefully we can print much more now.

Thanks again mate!

Best regards,

Snarf

Message Edited by snarf on 10-25-2009 07:42 AM
HP Recommended

Yea Larry!  This solution worked -- and I just ran an ethernet cable from my Airport to the printer and all is right with the world again! Woohoo!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  I am a Realtor in South Florida and I print quite a bit.  This worked and it was very easy. Yahoo!  I am so lost when my printer does not work or I should say my hp7410 all in one officejet printer.   The hardest part was getting the 2 little screws back in.  Had emailed Tech Support earlier and they told me to do the partial reset as they have told everyone and that did not work at all.  Thank you again!

Melanie

HP Recommended

Hi Melanie,

I'm  happy this worked for you.  For us unfortunately, we didn't learn of the fix untill we bought a new HP L7780, so now the 7410 is a back up in our office.

HP Recommended

Worked instantly . 5 minute fix.  Thanks!!!!!

HP Recommended

Yet another satisfied customer -- worked for me, too. Thanks!

Curious that wireless failure should be so common.

HP Recommended

Hi ealkjhljha

I have exactly the same problem with my all in one 7410 printer and I have tried everything else to no avail so I checked the link to your blog site but the post has been removed. 

Are you able to point me in the right direction?

thanks a lot

HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation - if anyone can post these instructions for bringing a 7410 back to life, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.