Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Even the model number is too hard! If it is critical to getting information, why isn't it written on the front. This HP Envy laptop has no such information. I am not going to pull the machine apart to look for this. All I want to do is run my HP non-wireless printer with my new laptop

Y-Sohard
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

I afraid the printer is too old and incompatible with Windows 10.

Windows Vista was the latest operating system to support the printer, drivers are no longer offered for Windows 7 or any later operating system:

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c03737332

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Use the driver of HP LaserJet 1015 in substitute and it will be fine.

HP Recommended

That can't be the reason. My previous laptop had Windows 10, and I was able to use an HP 1010.

Companies should not be using planned obsolescence in this way. I have a perfectly good printer, and it should work without hoops having to be jumped through!

Y-Sohard
HP Recommended

Regrettably, some of us struggle with all this stuff. I want HP to send me a step-by-step guide to having their laptop work with the printer I have. I shouldn't have to have the skills of an IT grad to work this stuff out. 

I downloaded (or at least tried to download) HP 1015 drivers, but it has not fixed my problem.

HP: where are you? Why should I buy your products if you can't provide the most basic of services?

Y-Sohard

Y-Sohard
HP Recommended

Try this way to see if it works.

In Win10 -> add new printer -> add it manually .... old printer ... not on the list -> select connected port- Dot4_001 -> find HP LaserJet 1015 on the nenu list -> if thers is no 1015 then click "Windows Update" which under the right side of the menu list and waiting for its ending...... then go back finding again. It should be fine.

If it's not then click the "install from disk" which seats beside the "Windows Update" and point it to the folder where you download the 1015's driver. Don't to unzip the driverfirst  which you downloaded.

Hope it works for you.

HP Recommended

And how on earth did you decide I'm and honour student? I didn't say that. I was an honours student 50 years ago, however.

Y-Sohard
HP Recommended

Thanks East2100. I'll try that.

Y-Sohard
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions, but there was no 1015 Driver where you said. I tried 1020 (numerically closest LaserJet), but no go! 

Am I the only person that thinks that multinational corporations should not be relying on community forums to fix their problems. There is NO REASON why two HP products should not work with each other.

Y-Sohard
HP Recommended

I myself use Win7 x64 and not family with Win10 x64...............

In order to find the solution that If HP 1010 can rowk with Win10 x64 or not.

I went to use my daughter's Win10 x64 to find out the answer.

Yes, there's no HP LaserJet 1010/1015's driver even after the "Windows Update" only with 1020 but 1020 will not work with 1010.

So I try to find to use the HP Universal Print Driver PCl5 (not PCL6 it won't work) and there's no such one on 1010's Win7 x64 drivers. Then i went to HP P2055's Win7 x64 driver and fount it, download and execute and assign a folder to extract to.

Add new printer -> my printer not on the list -> too old printer needed to assign by myself -> assign port Dot4_001 -> driver from disk -> the HP Universal Print Driver of PCL5 folder

It works.

Sorry for my poor English for I'm in Taiwan (not Tailand).

And I try to help to find the solution but not just seating complaining instead.

No one owe you anything.

HP LaserJet 1010 is more than 10 years aged it's simple and effective and long life to use but i don't think HP has the responsibility for all new Windows system for it. If you think they should be then maybe one day HP will cut down the life expectancy of every new HP printers and shorten them to less than 5 years. Then there's nothing to worry about.

Maybe they are doing now............. but i hope not.

Just find out there're another ways................

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Re-HP-1010-driver-not-install/m-p/6997022

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/windows-10-hp-laserjet-1012/m-p/6198974

HP LaserJet 1010/1012/1015 all use the same driver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.