Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I recently got a new spectrum router and my printer cannot be found. I have a LASERJET 3600.  Never had a problem printer from my windows 10 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Print off a configuration/network page from the printers control panel.  This will confirm what the printer currently sees for network communication.  Record the printers IPv4 Address, Default gateway and subnet mask.

Next, compare the network information from the printer with a PC on your new network.  The default gateway and subnet mask should match.  The IPv4 address of the printer should be unique.  Try pinging the IP of the printer from a PC.

If your new home router has a different local network than your previous home router then you will have to reset the network information with a COLD or NVRAM Reset.  Steps for this process can be found by googling around the internet or working with an HP rep over chat, voice or the forum.

Once you reset your printer the IPv4 Address should reset back to 0.0.0.0.  Connect it to the network and wait for it to pull in new information.  Make sure you can ping the printer on its new IP Address.  Then reinstall the printer from the HP Software wizard.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Your new home router has corrupted your PCs network connection to the printer.  Uninstall and reinstall to repair the network connection.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Check and make sure that your printer and computer are on the same network segment. For example if your computer is 192.168.1.10 your printer would need to have an ip address of 192.168.1.xxx. Where xxx is any number from 1-254 excluding 10. Routers typically have address ranges of 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx. If you previously had the printer set to a static address it may not match. Print the configuration page to see the printer address and use the ipconfig command through a command prompt on your PC to see the computers address. Once you have computer and printer on the same network add a new port to the existing printer driver to reestablish communication. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

John,

I have an uninstalled printer software from all computers and reinstall the software only on one laptop. It still does not recognize the printer.

HP Recommended

Repair Trooper

I have reset the printer to factory reset so it may establish a new connection to the network, the laptop cannot find the printer. 

I have an HP 3600 laser color jet and the new router is a WAVE from Spectrum Cable

HP Recommended

Print off a configuration/network page from the printers control panel.  This will confirm what the printer currently sees for network communication.  Record the printers IPv4 Address, Default gateway and subnet mask.

Next, compare the network information from the printer with a PC on your new network.  The default gateway and subnet mask should match.  The IPv4 address of the printer should be unique.  Try pinging the IP of the printer from a PC.

If your new home router has a different local network than your previous home router then you will have to reset the network information with a COLD or NVRAM Reset.  Steps for this process can be found by googling around the internet or working with an HP rep over chat, voice or the forum.

Once you reset your printer the IPv4 Address should reset back to 0.0.0.0.  Connect it to the network and wait for it to pull in new information.  Make sure you can ping the printer on its new IP Address.  Then reinstall the printer from the HP Software wizard.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. It finally recognized it. I am planning to change wifi routers to a better one. Will I end up doing the same process with the new router?

HP Recommended

Any time the network information changes you will need to perform these steps.  Different home router manufacturers setup home networks in different ways.  Rental home routers from Internet Service Providers are even more random.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

HP Recommended

Did you read what I wrote????????????? there is no IP address displayed! What about the mac address filtering I mentioned when i have a pc?????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.