Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Sure, these are the steps

1.) Open path C:/Windows/System32/Spool 2.) Right click on PRINTERS folder and select Properties 3.) Click the Security tab. 4.) Click Advanced 5.) Under Permissions tab click Continue 6.) Allow Full control to all entries below Principal. 7.) Click Apply and Ok. 8.) Open Devices and Printers. 9.) Right click the name of your printer and select Printer properties 10.) Click the Security tab and give full permissions to all the entries under Group or user names. 11.) Restart the PC.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I did everything as you wrote.
This allows you to print from Acrobat Reader, but not from MS Word.
Any other suggestions?

I understand that the problem is just in the driver, which converts Word documents into a format that can print on your printer. There may be no rights to either convert or write the converted file.

HP Recommended

Let's try this: 

Press the "Windows logo key" + "r" to get “Run" - Type "spool" and press ok.

Right-click on "PRINTERS" - Select "Properties"

Select "Security" tab. You will find a few entries like "Administrators" and "users", click on "Edit" and give "Full permission" to all the entries. Save/apply the settings.

Go to "Devices and printers", right-click on the new printer that you installed and select "Printer properties".

Select "Security" tab. You will find a few entries like "Administrators" and "users", click on "Edit" and give "Full permission" to all the entries. Save/apply the settings.

Restart your computer and then try to print.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.