Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Be the first to explore and join the conversation on our brand-new Poly Support Community Blog, Click here It's live now!!
HP Recommended

On the Trio C60 (through the web configurator) under "Settings" - "Power Management"

There is an option to enable Power over Ethernet (PoE). This is supposed to allow for a PoE enabled device (ie. another C60) to to be powered and receive connectivity via the LAN out port. 

"If enabled, the Poly Trio LAN OUT interface provides PoE power to a connected device. If disabled, no PoE power is provided by the LAN OUT port."

I ask because it's not working w/a C60 that is paired to an X50 in Zoom mode.

I have it set to Class 0 13W

X50: 3.2.1-224090
C60: 5.9.5.2983

Thanks,
James

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I do not think the Studio X supports to be powered via PoE according to the datasheet >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,
My question is in reference to a Trio C60, not an X50.

According to the admin documentation >here< the LAN out port does not provide PoE, but the text in the C60 web configurator states:

"If enabled, the Poly Trio LAN OUT interface provides PoE power to a connected device. If disabled, no PoE power is provided by the LAN OUT port."

So there is a contradiction between the two sources.

Thanks,

James

HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc 

I tested linking a C60 to another C60 using PoE+ and it works.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

See attached images.
This was the result with a PoE injector and a PoE switch.
We don't a PoE+ switch in house.

Thanks,
James

HP Recommended

Hi @jbass_srcinc 

as precisely stated on my Cisco 3560:

Fa0/3     static on         30.0    Ieee PD             4     30.0

Two C60 Daisy Chained

If this fails please work with support.

Steffen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.