Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 3630
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi. We have a 3630 printer. We only use it for home printing from our mobile phones. We do not have WiFi apart from setting up a hotspot on the phone. There is no home network, no laptop or computer to connect to. All we want to do is print off the odd thing for school or postage or receipt etc.

We struggle to connect every single time. It keeps wanting to connect to a home network which we don't have. We are on the WiFi connected to the sodding thing but it keeps saying printer isn't available right now. It happens from both Sony and apple phones. Help please. These things are meant to be easy. sketch-1574166340813.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GeeOh, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Use HP Smart to print from your Android device

Click here to install and know more about the app.

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. I have the hp smart ap. It will not print from there as it keeps wanting me to connect the printer to the Internet network that I don't have. I have found that if I click the direct print option on the above picture and wait a few minutes it will occasionally connect and print. I won't be buying this printer again, it's a waste of time. 

HP Recommended

@GeeOh

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.