Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 4729 All-in-One Printer

Printer problems for 4 years. When not used for a while loses set up and ability to connect wife or cable. Usually reinstall set up fixes problems. Today nothing works. It says Ready and prints a test page but will not print any doc. Probably does not scan as that’s always a problem too. Any ideas - other than throwing away??

I run Windows 10 (64 bit). 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @1369bill,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information.

Make sure, your printer and your device are on the same network as 2.4GHZ only. 

For wirless connectivity issues follow the steps from this link here

You may also refer to this document here for printing issues. 

Update the firmware if available. CLick here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @1369bill

We haven’t heard from you, this post is in reference to the thread you created on your friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community).

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you.

If you have any other queries, feel free to reach out to us.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for taking an interest in my problem.

After posting in the community, I continued looking for a solution. I was lucky enough to find an HP technical support rep who solved the problem by reinstalling set-up files. (Note: when I say I was lucky to find the HP rep, it's because I live in Thailand but don't speak Thai. Most all numbers for Thai HP support have a greeting in Thai and it's difficult to find an English speaker.)

Thanks again for your interest in helping.

Sincedrely,

Bill

HP Recommended

Hi @1369bill,

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.