Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-05-2023 07:50 AM
My HP Laserjet Tank MFP 1005w won't print from any device via print anywhere or cloud print. When we print ( from anywhere) the green cloud with right symbol that signals that the printer is going to print comes up on the printer, but nothing ever happens and it never leaves the print cue on the computer or device.
resetting the printer
running the HP Scan and Print Dr
reinstalling all of the print software on the main computer
printing both wirelessly and plugged into the printer
The printer will print a Printer Status Report directly from the printer just fine, so the printer works. We know it's not a mechanical issue because of that, it just never fully prints after accepting the print job.
01-10-2023 08:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Laserjet Tank MFP 1005w Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then I have sent out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community