Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You keep saying things that are not helpful what so ever.  We are trying to turn on Bluetooth Smart.

BLUETOOTH SMART

It is the on or off option for Bluetooth Smart. 
It is off and we are trying to turn it ON.
Everytime we try to switch it to on the screen of the printer says “Turning on  Bluetooth smart” with the loading circle. 
Once it is on the loading screen the printer gets stuck and will not show anything but the loading screen until we unplug the printer. 

It NEVER turns on it just gets stuck.

After the printer reboots BLUETOOTH SMART is still OFF In the settings.

We just want to turn on Bluetooth Smart.

HP Recommended

We have the same printer, just purchased in June.  We’ve only made a couple color copies on it, but now it says there is a problem with the color cartridge.  No matter what we do we cannot get it to register the color cartridge.  We cannot print anything in color, the computer shows it’s on color option, but iPad will no longer show color as an option when printing thru bluetooth.

i mention this here because it started after I used the iPad to print wirelessly and turned off color (the option was there then).  Now the color cartridge does not register and continually get error message that cartridge has a problem, please reinsert or replace.  I believe this must be changed thru Bluetooth option, but cannot find how to do.

HP Recommended

We have the printer since June as well.
We can also not get bluetooth to turn on. and this is right out of the box.
Printer works from the computer over wifi. no problems there. but If I try to add my printer on my phone. the app does not find the printer.
After searching I found out bluetooth was needed so tried turning on bluetooth, but the printer just hangs at the circle with the message turning on bluetooth.
I have to reset the printer for the message to be removed. after that bluetooth is still turned off.
Printer is at latest firmware PALSUPPPXN003.2105A.00 - 2021-01-25.
But we had this issue before this new firmware to. so firmware update did not fix it.

As this problems seems to be the same as others are experiencing I believe it to be a firmware issue rather then user error.
HP. Please come with a good explained fix as the standard have you tried turning it off and on again does NOT fix our problem.

HP Recommended

I have had an hp envy photo 7155 for 16 months. Just last week it stopped working. I brought it back and exchanged it for same model. As all the others on here are saying, the Bluetooth smart is not turning on( guess it’s not so smart after all).  This is beyond frustrating. I am dealing with cancer and I need to print material from my doctors. I tried the unplug etc , of course that doesn’t work. Please give a reasonable explanation why we are all having the same problem and a way to fix. 

HP Recommended

I have tried ALL the steps listed, and I keep getting the "Blue Circle of Death".  This printer (HP Envy7855) will NOT connect by bluetooth to my MacBook Pro.

HELP!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi I have tried this several times and the app is still saying the printer is offline. I signed up for instant ink, installed the first cartridge fine. It’s now saying I need to enrol to use the cartridge. I have tried everything apart from chucking the printer in the bin!

HP Recommended

HP Envy Photo 7155 printer -Blue tooth won't turn on

HP Recommended

Yup!  HP Envy 6220 here.  OFFLINE still!   No bluetooth either, no Instant Ink function, totally useless!!!   When are HP going to sort this out / replace / or refund everyone for a substandard product and subscription?!  Where is all my hard earned cash going?! 

HP Recommended

Brand new HP ENVY Photo 7830 it prints fine from my mobile devices (iPhone, iPad ) but won’t print from my Mac. Bluetooth smart is showing as off on the printer screen and just won’t turn on, appears to be in perpetual loop. I will try the unplugging fix but I don’t have any great hope. It’s going back to Amazon tomorrow for a refund if it doesn’t work. Unplugging didn’t work so it’s going back and I’m buying a Canon. 

HP Recommended

I have since months problems with a HP Envy Photo 7855 which I didn't have previous for 6 months.

The printer is always offline and the Bluetooth smart is not getting activated anymore.

Please help me solving this issue. Switching on and off pc and printer do not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.