Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP66C215 (HP Officejet 4630 series)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to add my husband's email address to print to my printer using my ePrint account.  Under Allow ePrint Access, I checked Allowed.  When I try to add his email address, the message I get is "add a valid email address"  It is a correct address and we use the same email/internet provider.  Why won't it accept it?  It shows up, but has a red x next to it.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@LisaLo

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues adding another email address to your HP ePrint account.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02948998

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The reply offered just repeats the instructions. It does not help at all. I have a similar problem, except that I can't even add a first email. The email is perfectly valid, but as described above, the system merely repeats the message "Please enter a valid email address". I have tried several valid email addresses, all are rejected. It appears that the system simply doesn't work.

HP Recommended

@MartinBrampton Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, here's all you need to know & do:

The HP ePrint owner email address is the personal email address you used to set up your HP account.

Update the HP account email address to change the owner address.

1. Sign in to HP Smart, and then click the Account icon  at the top of the webpage.

2. Select Settings, and then scroll down to Account information.

3. Select the Edit icon next to Primary email address.

Clicking the Edit icon

4. Change the email address, and then click Save.

5. Repeat these steps to change the Username, if necessary.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, but this doesn't help at all. The problem is not specific to my device, it is an issue with the HP print by email facility.

I have no need to change my email address, that is beside the point. The whole issue of allowed email addresses is to specify one or more email addresses FROM which documents can be sent for printing. If the only email account that can be added is the one associated with the account, there is no point asking for it to be entered, since it is already known to the system. And adding MORE than one (note "email addressES listed")  cannot be done if the only email that can be added is the account holder's email address.

HP Recommended

@MartinBrampton I recommend you click here to turn off the web service when done successfully, go ahead and click here to turn on the web services, and check if it works,

If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware:

click here for different ways of getting this done using a computer among others.

Let me know how that pans out!

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That is exactly how I feel. The wording is “Only ePrint jobs from email addresses listed here will be able to send ePrint jobs to this printer.” I thought I could just select the second email, but that’s not how it works. You’ll have to go in and change the primary email address to the one you want to print from every time you want to print from that email address. I would then  have to repeat that step to print from my own email address. No thanks. 

HP Recommended

@LisaLo I suggest you follow the steps suggested in the last post: click here to view, 

As that should help resolve this issue once and for all, so you don't have to go back and forth to print from your email address.

Let me know how that pans out,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This problem has nothing to do with the printer itself. It is all about the HP interface at https://www.hpsmart.com.

The text there plainly implies that it is possible to control email access to printers by choosing "Allowed" and entering a LIST of email addresses that are permitted to send documents to the printer. But the page doesn't work properly. Please carefully read the messages we have left and deal with the real problem.

HP Recommended

@MartinBrampton

Yes, there could be issues with the website and usually, the websites start working normally in some time as they are monitored all the time. However, if you continue facing the issue, I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.