cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
sterl1i
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can’t get MY personalized HPeprint address back after resetting printer

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g
iOS

RobertSmith76 (Level 2) — Your reply notice was emailed to me but there was no reply attached to this post. Please repost your reply!!!

I had previously setup ePrint on my printer years ago and personalized the address. I had to resent my printer. I was instructed to disable web services and then enable web services to trigger a printer claim code to enter into HPsmart.com. I realized this process generated a generic HPeprint address so I went to personalize it with my existing address but it says that address is in use. 

Yes, it’s in use BY ME!!! I created it and I was using it until 5 minutes ago. I know this because I’ve used that address to print while away from the printer.

The system will not allow me to access that address no matter what I do. Everything is already setup and I’m just waiting on that. HELP me please. It matches my personal email address.

sterl1i
2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
34,382 26,533 3,173 10,213
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sterl1i 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

Mr. Smith was a spammer and has been removed.

The HP document How-to > Set Up an HP Smart / HP Connected Account

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to FAQ:

Can I reuse a customized printer email address?

Yeah, but!

I've gone through this process several times - one time it worked.

All the other times, regardless of what I did / set / checked - it did not work.
After a time, I lost interest.

What does that mean to you?

Nothing, of course.

The point:

If / when you exhaust all avenues,

If / when you do not find a solution,

Then consider changing the printer email address.

You only need change the address by a single letter / digit.

Yes, that means your email address on the printer does not match your personal email address.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
sterl1i
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The FAQ Can I reuse a customized printer email address? is not listed on the page.

sterl1i
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation