Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw

What is the purpose of mobile printing solutions if you cant activate your printer while away from home?
My Printer automatically shuts-down after 8 hours of inactivity and therefore makes it unable for me to use mobile printing. The printer is connected via WLAN (no active ports to stop the shutdown).
In the Setup there are only options for shutdown after 2, 4 or 8 hours. No option about disabling auto-shutdown.
Pls get this to the people who work on firmware updates, they must include an option to disable the auto-shutdown, many people are already complaining about this and nothing has changed so far.
Its just unlogical. You do big ads for HP eprint and other stuff, but your printers arent able to do so even though you could theoretically do eprint if your standing next to your printer the whole day.
I just got this printer pluged in and installed and am already fed up with this BS!
I know that there is no solution, so just get this to the people who can change it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

to everyone reading this post, i was in contact with the technical team of HP and they said that they dont give you the option to disable auto-shutdown on purpose, it is HPs energy-saving-politics to do so and there are no plans to change that in the future
in my case i have only WLAN going, yet it doesnt automatically shutdown (even though it should), i  guess im lucky that my router pings it every now and then and therefore it doesnt shutdown
if you cant fix it yourself with active ports and cant have it at all, there probably wont be any option left than returning the printer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @drevil31

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

to everyone reading this post, i was in contact with the technical team of HP and they said that they dont give you the option to disable auto-shutdown on purpose, it is HPs energy-saving-politics to do so and there are no plans to change that in the future
in my case i have only WLAN going, yet it doesnt automatically shutdown (even though it should), i  guess im lucky that my router pings it every now and then and therefore it doesnt shutdown
if you cant fix it yourself with active ports and cant have it at all, there probably wont be any option left than returning the printer

HP Recommended

These stupid stupid companies today with their forced-on-the-consumer politics. 🥴

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.