Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I've got a Envy 4500 series that won't print or copy.  The black ink cartridge is almost empty & color cartridge is low.  The initial set up/installation was on a older Dell desktop (w/Windows 10 unsure 32 or 64) & the now the desktop won't even power on.  Can the printer be changed to wireless/printer/printing without being able to access the installed files on the crashed computer?   Before computer died, I printed from my ipad just fine & the  HP Smart app is still installed & it shows the printer as ready  , but all pages are blank with both printing and copying.   Should I start with replacing the ink? Also, I have a laptop that I never use.  Could I download the 4500 Series software from online & just install printer on the laptop?  Will I mess up the current printer settings, drivers, etc if I do?  Looking for the easiest solution please.

Thank you in advance.

Usage:   basic printing & copying 

Goal:       to print from ipad again 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

SOLVED

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.