Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have my own domain name with email hosted by Gmail which I wanted to setup an address such as print@mydomain.com to forward to the randomly generated ePrint address.  When I try this I get the error below, which technically it wasnt sent to multiple recipients, just forwarded from one address to another.  Is there any way I can make this work?  I am not concerned about the unintended printing as I created rules to only forward if the email comes from a specific address etc.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

"The email was sent to multiple printers or recipients. HP's ePrint service only processes emails sent to a single recipient to protect users from unintended printing."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi dm_user. If the domain is not a reported source of SPAM, and the content does not have 'SPAM-Like' material, the ePrint servers should not block the attempt to ePrint if forwarded to your printers ePrint address. HP does not offer a forwarding service for this, however, you would have to implement it yourself. I have heard of companies setting up a web page/email forum where the customer sends the email, but the code also sends the email directly to the @hpeprint address. Additionally, if you can find an email client that will auto forward based on set rules, you could have certain subject lines forward to your @hpeprint address. I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Sorry to say that a lot of us are waiting for this feature to be allowed.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Well come on HP, listen to what your customers want!

HP Recommended

Yes I have the same issue, I have my own domain and I want to forward from print@mydomain.com to the random hp name so it's more easier to send to,, but I got the same error. I hope this issue is going to be fixed ASAP.

HP Recommended

if you were to substitute a regular accessible email address instead of the eprint email adress, how does the email look?  Is there only 1 address?  No multiple addresses or CC?

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

E-mail printing is great.

But just one thing, my users remember the HP E-mail address too easily..

I was hoping you might be able to change it to something more difficult to remember or long winded, such as fheh478587yrhh23iuh4y877474ththfnsxxlkjzlkxjoijoiu4845ufidkjhr4o8uffh@hpeprint.com

Is this possible?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I also love the way that E-mailing images to the printer results in 10 pages of postscript jargon.

I mean, who wants a boring old print out of the actual picture anyway?

HP Recommended

Has there been any resolution to this problem?  I would like to do the same thing - forward an email directly the HP ePrint from a business domain.

HP Recommended

I just purchased an OfficePro 8600. I can take an email attachment and save it on my android phone and email it to eprint as an attachment and it prints, but I cannot forward the original email with the attachment to eprint. It gets rejected with the error message "Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.1 Command rejected". Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

HP Recommended

Hi OHVGUY. I am not sure what that error refers to, let me see if I understand you correctly first. You check your personal email on your Android phone. You have an email with an attachment and you want to forward it to your @hpeprint.com email address.

If you are getting the error immediately after trying to forward, it sounds like a function of your email program. What email program are you using, the default Email program? One thing you can try is an alternate email client to verify. Can you download and try 'K9' email client? Do the same steps to check your email and try to forward it to the @hpeprint.com email address.

Let me know how it goes.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.