Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon starting up our HP Envy Photo 7155 printer, it is stuck showing "Bluetooth Smart is turning on" and will not show the Home screen.  It was operating fine before we decided to try turning on Bluetooth Smart.   How can we move past this message?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Oregonmji, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the printer is stuck. Let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

If that does not help, unplug the power cable and hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds and release it.

Power ON the printer and check.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

Instructions did not fix the problem.

I was a bit nervous about unplugging the printer while it was on as the User Guide states:

Turn the printer off
Press (the Power button) to turn off the printer. Wait until the power light turns off before unplugging the
power cord or turning off a power strip.
CAUTION: If you incorrectly turn the printer off, the print carriage might not return to the correct position,
causing problems with the cartridges and print quality issues.

HP Recommended

@JoeL2021, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We perform a hard reset on the printer only when necessary. If this did not fix the issue, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.