Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2755 All In One
Chrome OS

Not recognized", Cannot Find", No connection to printer"  Printer not found"...again and again and again!

Why won't my HP Chromebook stay connected and recognizing the printer?  The printer remains on the wifi signal, same 5G line as the computer.,   This is absurd.  I would like my Chromebook to print when I am ready.  It drops the recognition after several hours not used.  Frustrating and not acceptable.  There must be a solution instead of re-connecting and re-connecting...The Chromebook is HP as well, but this does not help, obviously.  The HP printer Deskjet 2755 is in the list of compatible HP printers for Chromebook.  What is this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PrintEasyRich9, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The printer can only work with the 2.4GHz network. You may want to contact your ISP for help. Your router can be dual-band enabled. They can help you with identifying the 2.4GHz network.

Both the Chromebook and the printer should be on the same network.

Once configured try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem with a HP Deskjet 2755 with a Lenovo C340 Chromebook. The printer initially connects fine and I can print but after a lengthy period of inactivity, the printer shows disconnected and I have to unplug it, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in to get it to connect again.

The previous comments about having to be on the same network, they clearly are otherwise the printer would never connect the first time.

This setup is for my parents who find technology challenging so most of the time they give up and try to avoid printing all together.

HP Recommended

@Country_Tech, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are facing intermittent connectivity issues with the printer. 

If the printer is connected to a 2.4GHz network, assign a manual IP address to resolve this issue:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer by printing a wireless test page as shown in this document.
  • Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Note: You may watch this video for a better understanding.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.