Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

HI HP Support, especially: Kumar0307,

Issue:

When i try to print email via HP Eprint service, my emails get blocked via HP mimecast. Resulting in a print stating that the mails have been blocked by HP Mimecast, in order for us to release, block or permit to click the link. Offcourse we cannot click any link on a piece op paper. This happens on both my HP printers, so I have two eprint mailadresses that need to permit all mail. 

Two printers: HP Envy 4522 and HP Deskjet 3630 all in one

What have I tried: 

1. Via HP smart, go to my printer, at HP eprint service select Allow to anyone. Not helping.

2. Removing and adding the eprint function, resulting in a new mail adress. Is working for some time, but after some time HP mimecast will start blocking again.

3. Trying to find a inbox/portal where I can find these mimecast messages to unblock/permit. Nothing found.
4. Trying to find HP documentation (since its delivered via HP), nothing to find. 

5. Calling HP support desk, they were unable to help!?

Resolve:

In other forum threads I saw @Kumar0307 was able to unblock/exclude these eprint mail adresses from the HP Mimecast system. Can you unblock / exclude my two eprint mail adresses as well? I wanted to private message you in person, but i don't have a private message/inbox function in my HP account, when i click this link (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage) I get access denied: You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.). 

So my ask:
1. Please make sure my account is allowed to sent private messages in the first place.
2. Make sure my HP Mimecast issue is resolved for two eprint mailadresses.

3. Please escalate these incidents into a problem ticket to identify root-cause (or to your level 2,3,4 support party's). Theres already a lot of people and forum posts about the same issue.HP customers deserve a better customer friendly approach, since we buy and rely on your expensive products.

Can you help me on this and after resolving the HP Mimecast issue?

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Sent a PM to Kumar. No answer as of yet. Anyone else from HP support able to assist? 

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

We have received your private message and we have also forwarded it to the concerned team who will make the changes for you. Do not worry, our team will soon resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I need help unblocking my email address so I can use this function.  Please help!

Paul

HP Recommended

@Pchaz1, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to use the ePrint feature as it gets blocked.

I am sending you a private message with the information required to resolve this issue.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.

Today I tried to send a test print to my HP printers HP ENVY 5530 and HP LaserJet P1102W.

Nothing printed. Some about 4 hours later I received a printed message from HP Mimecast, same as the first user in this thread, some links in a paper... incredible!

Why it is not reflected in the HP smart site?

How can I unblock my email address?

Why is HP blocking my email address if it is supposed to accept all email accounts regarding the printer configuration options HP smart site?

HP Recommended

@Josete

HP is not blocking the email address. If the printer receives an email from an unidentified email address, it blocks it as spam.

HP is working with Mimecast to resolve this issue.

Have you tried the ePrint feature?

Do you get any errors?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tonight I received other "letter" in the other printer too. Same content, email blocked.

I checked my email if the server IP is blacklisted.

There is one positive from 106. It is justspam.org. The spam blacklisting is a crazy method that many people understand as illegal. Either way, what is Mimecast and why is blocking my email address?

Should I whitelist the email address in the HP smart, printers configuration?

HP Recommended

@Josete

I have sent you a private message with the required information to resolve this issue. Kindly reply to the same. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar.

I can't find the private message.

If try the link to private messages that is in this page, then I get this:

HP Community  Access Denied

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.