Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Lenovo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I have an HP Officejet 4620.  The claim code I printed out is no longer valid, so it may have expired.  I am able to obtain the printer email address and successfully send prints to it, but I need a new claim code to claim the printer.  This worked in the past, but I accidentally restored default settings.  The computer is connected to the network and I can print to it.  I just need a new "Claim Code".  All help posts say to go to WebServices on my printer.  That does not exist.  I can only obtain the printer email address -- but I need a new claim code.  I have printed out all reports, but none display a claim code.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @geo0071

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Web-Services. 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -

1) On the printer control panel, press the (HP ePrint) button, and then press the (Setup) button.

2) Using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select Remove Web Services, and then press the button to the right of OK.

Step 2 Reboot the devices -

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Step 3 Enable the Web-Services -

1) Make sure the printer is connected to the Internet.

2) On the printer control panel, press the (HP ePrint) button.

3) Press the button to the right of OK to accept the terms of use.

4) Press the button to the right of OK to accept future updates. An information sheet is printed.

5) Follow the instructions on the printed information sheet to finish the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita -- This printer does not have an HP ePrint button.  There is also no option for removing "Web Services".  I have seen multiple posts with people having the same problem as me.  This model is the HP Officejet 4620.  It is network enabled, but there is no ePrint button.  Wireless is on and it says it is connected and provides an email address.

Please assist.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@geo0071 To find your Printer Claim Code, print a Web Services Information page from the printer's built-in webpage.

1. Send a test print job from any device on your network to make sure the printer is connected and can print.

NOTE: 

You cannot use Web Services or get your Printer Claim Code if your printer is not connected to your wireless network. A USB connection does not work.

2. Type the printer IP address into a web browser on any device connected to your network to open the printer's built-in website.

To find your printer IP address:

• From the touchscreen control panel: Touch the Wireless icon .

• From the HP Smart app: Click Printer Settings, and then click Printer Information.

• From the printed network report: Press the Information button to print an information page.

3. From the printer website, find the Web Services menu, and then click Print Info Page or Print Information Sheet.

4. Find the Printer Code or Printer Claim Code on the page that prints.

If the information page only has the printer's email address, remove and then re-enable Web Services. A new information page prints with the Claim Code.

5. Add your printer to an HP Smart account using the Printer Claim Code.

If an Invalid Claim Code or other error message displays, remove and then re-enable Web Services before trying again.

For more detailed steps and troubleshooting options, go to Printer Claim Process and FAQs.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.