Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7110 Wide Format ePrinter - CR768A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Officejet 7110 Wide Format ePrinter on October 26, 2018 and all things have gone well until now.

Recently, ePrint is not working and the following message appears on EWS:
An error occurred. Unable to communicate with the Web Services server. However, you may still be able to use some Web Services features on the printer.

Therefore, it is not possible to print any attachments / emails through Web Services, using the HP ePrint email address.

The firmware is up to date, the printer and HP ePrint email address are configured correctly on the HP Smart website. I have tried unsuccessfully to apply any suggestions found on the web to solve the problem and the white ePrint led on the left side of the printer remains off.

My suspicion is that HP has discontinued this service on this specific product but I can't find a communication/confirmation of this.

This would be very disappointing indeed after only three years of using a new product.

Thank you very much in advance for any experience, ideas or suggestions to fix this problem if possible.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please make sure the latest firmware is installed for your printer in order for HP ePrint to function as expected:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj7110/2117/OJ7110_2117A_2117B_2117D_2117E.exe

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi, thanks.

Unfortunately, as mentioned, the firmware had already been updated.

I can't find any information if this is an issue with my printer or if HP has discontinued the ePrint service for this specific device.

Gieffe2021

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer is not list as discontinued for the service according below support document:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3579171-3502855-16

Let’s try disabling web services by selecting Remove Web Services from the web services tab, then enable the service back and check if you may see any difference.

If the issue remains, within the Tools tab select Printer Reports and look for both a Wireless Test Report and Web Services Access Test Report, may any of the report list any specific attention or warning?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I disabled web services by selecting Remove Web Services from the web services tab, but cannot enable it again using: Configuration, Continue, Accept terms and enable Web Services, Go ahead.

The answer is: Web Services is not enabled. Tri again.

I don't see any warning in the network configuration report (printer is connected via ethernet cable and wi-fi is off).

Of course, the report on Web Services says: Web Services is not configured or has been removed. Then, it gives the usual instructions for the configuration (doesn't work as above).

At this link https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c04739753, I found information that the HP ePrintCenter is no longer available and consequently, at this link https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c03744398, I found that only the following mobile and clouds printing solutions are available for the printer HP OfficeJet 7110 Wide Format (H812a):

1. App HP Smart,
  2. HP Wireless Direct,
  3. Plugin HP Print Service.

Therefore, the HP ePrint service has disappeared and could be the explanation for the very disappointing problem.

What do you think or suggest?

Thank you.

Gieffe 2021

HP Recommended

From the Network tab select IPV4 for ethernet connection and set the DNS Address to public Google DNS Services:

Primary:  8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Apply the changes and them try enabling web services again, may you see any difference?

HP Recommended

Hi,

the DNS change didn't solve the problem.

I also tried to uninstall and reset printer. Then, I cleaned windows and I installed again the driver / software without success. It was not possible to enable the Web Servicies, also turning off the firewall on the router and on the antivirus.

It looks that there is not an internet connection or web services server is off.

After the eprintcenter dismission, is it sure that ePrint / Web Servicies are stll available for this specific printer?

Thanks,

gieffe2021

HP Recommended

No other ideas, experiences or suggestions?

Thank you very much.

gieffe2021

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.