Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 3055 All-in-One Printer
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Hi am using HP print service plug in to print to my wireless HP deskjet 3055 printer from my iphone - works fine

I can't get it to work from my wife's Samsung Galaxy A5 phone.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, and I have enabled the plugin.  It doesn't find the printer, if I manually add the printer using the printer IP address, I get the error message "cannot communicate with printer"

Any suggestion please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @roger_m

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are unable to print from your Wife's Android phone.

I'd like to help.

I suggest you download the HP Smart App from Here on your Wife's phone and follow the onscreen instructions.

You can learn more about HP Smart App Here

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @roger_m

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are unable to print from your Wife's Android phone.

I'd like to help.

I suggest you download the HP Smart App from Here on your Wife's phone and follow the onscreen instructions.

You can learn more about HP Smart App Here

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

this fixed the problem!

thanks very much for your help

not sure if I can see the accept as a solution button or the thumbs up button, but if I see them I'll be sure to click on them.

roger

HP Recommended

Hi! @roger_m, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned your issue got resolved after trying out the steps.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found the solution to this problem first disable Google Cloud Printing.  Next on the on your HP printer's administrative web page set tray 1Tray 1 Size: Any  Size and Tray 1 Type: Any Type and set Tray 2 Size: Letter and Tray 2 Type: Plain. Next install theHP Print Service Plugin for Android turn the service on and  in Settings Advanced Settings turn on Android print rendering then  in Settings Discovery make sure you turn off the Wi-FY Direct Print option.  The shutdown the Android Phone and reboot.

Marc Menniti

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.