Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 2600 deskjet all in one printer
I am trying to do a factory reset on my printer through the hp smart app but can not access the printers without the username and password. I created the user name and password but forgot both how do I change them in order to access the printers settings again
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Mj1201

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

Could you please help me with the screenshot, where it's asking for the username and password.

Eager to help you!

Good day:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20180804-121042.jpg

HP Recommended

@Mj1201

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

Most of the time, the default username and password both are admin

You may restore the network settings to default, and try it. 🙂

Press and hold the Wireless button and the cancel button from the printer control panel for three seconds.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried username: admin and password: admin and it still says it's wrong 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue can someon help

HP Recommended

Hi @Iqbalh

Have you tried restoring the network settings to defaults?

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I tried that already and did not work but I managed to remember my password so worked and reset back to default password. Thanks for your help anyways.   

HP Recommended

hey there expert HP employees! where is the solution? besides having to remember the user/password combo??  there are over 40 people already indicating they too are having the same problem, which means hundreds of other unregistered users quietly suffering the same!! shouldn't be there a reset button or (dare I say) an option to reset a user/password??

please spare me the niceties and formalities in your response and just provide a verified solution...no more try this and now try that instead,  it's a shame what has become of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.