cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
vamie
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I keep trying to set up my scan to email, and keep getting an error " email login credential"

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep trying to set up my scan to email, and keep getting an error saying my email login credentials are not correct. I KNOW they are. I'm trying to set it up with a gmail account. I've read that may be causing the problem? Should I be using my hpeprint email? Please help, this is so frustrating!

I am 100% sure my settings and credentials are correct for my gmail. 

Please Help

2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
34,413 26,564 3,176 10,227
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vamie 

The problem might just be the way your gmail account is managed.

• If you are using gmail two-step-verification, you need to set an apps password.
  • If you are not using gmail two-step, you need to set "less secure apps".

If your printer supports digital filing, the following example / setup is relevant.

If your printer does not support digital filing, the information on the right side of the example for "two-step-verification" is relevant.

Example

EWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_7AEWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_7A

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
vamie
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ragon,

can you please explain what do you mean by App Password? I tried to use the PIN - but still, it did not work.

please guide.

Step1.PNGStep2.PNGStep3.PNGStep4.PNGStep5.PNG

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation