Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

I have an HP Envy 6000 printer which has worked fine for over 2 years. I have an apple phone and iPad and a Chromebook. In the last few days the printer has stopped talking to the Chromebook completely- settings just keep saying no printer connected or printer unavailable.. From the phone and iPad I can print an email and some documents, but not all. Seems like any docs I’ve created in Google won’t print but I can print a pdf.

I have tried all the troubleshooting stuff and I know that the printer is definitely connected to the same Wi-Fi as all my devices so why is it being selective.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DaveS24,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to deal with these intermittent print issues. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

Restart Devices: Start by restarting your printer, Chromebook, iPad, and iPhone. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.

Check Wi-Fi Connection: Ensure that your printer, Chromebook, iPad, and iPhone are all connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Sometimes devices can inadvertently connect to different networks.

Update Firmware and Software:

• Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP Envy 6000 printer. You can usually find this in the printer's settings menu or on the HP support website.
  • Device Software: Ensure your Chromebook, iPad, and iPhone have the latest software updates installed.

Reinstall Printer on Chromebook:

• Remove the printer from your Chromebook's list of printers and add it back. This can sometimes refresh the connection and settings.
  • Go to Settings > Advanced > Printers > Add printer and follow the prompts to re-add your HP Envy 6000.

Check Printing Permissions:

• For documents created in Google Docs that won't print, ensure that printing permissions are set correctly. Sometimes, sharing settings or permissions can affect printing.

Check Print Queue:

• On your devices (Chromebook, iPad, iPhone), check the print queue to see if there are any pending jobs that might be stuck. Cancel them if necessary and try printing again.

Reset Printer Network Settings:

• On your HP Envy 6000 printer, you can usually find an option to reset network settings. This will clear any saved Wi-Fi networks and allow you to reconnect it afresh.

Check Firewall Settings:

• If you have any firewall or security settings on your Wi-Fi router, temporarily disable them to see if they are blocking communication between devices.

Printer Driver Updates:

• For your Chromebook, ensure that the printer driver is up to date. Chrome OS typically handles drivers automatically, but checking for updates can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

By systematically going through these steps, you should hopefully be able to resolve the selective printing issues between your HP Envy 6000 printer, Chromebook, iPad, and iPhone.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.