Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-22-2022 02:07 PM
My MFP M281fdw printer is connected wirelessly to the internet. I have run the wireless network test report and everything is a pass. However E-Print will not switch on and I get the following message:
the service may be busy. retry later. if the problem continues, check for firmware update
I have downloaded the latest firmware from HP and sent this to the printer successfully and still the same message. Any services I try to use ie Apps or HP web service all provide the message.
06-29-2022 07:40 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.
How is the printer connected?
Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
- If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
07-20-2022 12:26 PM
The printer is connected on a wireless network and has an active internet connection. All devices throughout the house can print via the network.
The printer is not connected to any device using a USB cable.
When I press HP ePrint icon on the printer it says:
The service may be busy. Retry later. If the problem continues check for firmware updates
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community