Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5644

Bonjour,

Depuis quelques jours mon imprimante HP ENVY 5644 refuse d'imprimer avec un ordinateur mais pas les autres.

J'ai essayé de désinstaller l'application mais un des fichiers refuse de se supprimer car il serait "ouvert dans un autre programme".

J'ai tout de même essayé de réinstaller l'application mais un élément bloque l'installation et ce message s'affiche :

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Logiciel de base priphérique HP ENVY 5640 series' disk and click OK."

Il semblerait qu'il me manque ce logiciel mais où le trouver ?? J'ai déjà téléchargé tous les logiciels et pilotes trouvés sur le site d'HP mais rien ne marche... 🙄

Merci d'avance pour votre aide !

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AM73

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question. Or, if you prefer, you can visit the HP Support website (https://support.hp.com/us-en?openCLC=true), to find the support channel for your region. Thank you for your understanding. HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello,
My printer hasn't been working with my PC for a few days, but it does work with the other computer.
I have tried to uninstall the app but one of the files refuses to be erased because it'd be "opened in another program"
I have tried to reinstall the app but something prevents it from being installed and this message appears :

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Peripheral base software HP ENVY 5640 series' disk and click OK."

It seems that there's a software missing but where is it to be found ? I have already downloaded every softwares and printer drivers that could be found on the HP website but nothing works...
Thank you for your help !

HP Recommended

Hi @AM73

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.

Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Asmita6658,

I have followed the instructions you gave me, however it hasn't worked. During step 5, when I was asked to remove my HP device, the same message as previously mentioned appears :

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Peripheral base software HP ENVY 5640 series' disk and click OK."

Yet, I have tried to follow the next steps and I have the same message repeating again, at the bottom of which is written "Use source" and a blank to fill with "Browse" on the right.

The removal and the downloading both failed because of the missing file.

P.S. I don't have a CD-ROM on my PC.

Thank for your help !!

AM73

HP Recommended

@AM73

Please try these steps - Installing and using the Built-in drivers

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.