Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet PRO 8600 N911a

Hi all

without any modification, starting from a couple of weeks ago, my printer Officejt PRO 8600 is no longer able to connect ePrint services.

All the emails with doc in attach and also without attachments cannot be printed (the job is automatically cancelled) and when I push the ePrint button on the printer's touchscreen, I got an error message saying it is not possible to connect the server.

Of course: 

- no problem with ink levels

- email address is authorized

- web services are activated 

- no proxy is used

- the printer is wired connected by LAN cable and no error occurs on the network

- the printer works normally if it is used via LAN by any type of device (PC, laptop, smartphone...).

Anyone can help me or can suggest any further test?

Thank you.

Rocco

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @RoccoM,

Please install the latest firmware from your computer, as you haven’t mentioned what operating system is used I assume you have a Windows PC, please clarify otherwise:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-e-All-in-One-Printe...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Already tried but this firmware is not for my printer. 

During the installation a message says not to be compliant.

My pc is windows 10.

HP Recommended

Could you please clarify the exact product number of your printer? Just to make sure we aren’t confusing any different models in here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03770424

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20201221-194514_HP Smart.jpg

 find here all the printer information 

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Could you please let me know the exact error message while trying to install the update? or add a picture of the error if possible.

HP Recommended

RoccoM_0-1608580184399.png

Simply NOT APPLICABLE. 

My personal idea (since I'm a very old programmer with more than 30 years of experience) is that there is an error in the last update of the service: maybe, the new version has not been correctly tested the regression with older version of the invocations and it is no longer reachable.

In fact the error on the printer is that the server is not available, as the service is now responding with a different interface no longer compliant with older version.

Another  possible problem could be the incorrect appliance of the new firmware that excludes a group of printers (maybe too old): in any case, the result is the same of the error described above.

Of course, this is only my personal opinion.

HP Recommended

noTaPPLICABLE.png

HP Recommended

Hi @RoccoM,

The printer is not retired, there is no error with the last update of the server, but with the current firmware that doesn't contain a valid certificate to access the HP Cloud server, this is clearly listed in the latest firmware update, which we fail to install:

Spoiler

• Update certificate to maintain a secure connection to HP Cloud.
  • Security improvement.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.