Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am working with an Officejet8620 and connection to my wireless network and internet has been fine.  Cable company replaced the modem yesterday (for internet connection difficulties). They did not replace the router.  All other connections in the house now work fine.  The printer connects to the wireless network and gets a strong signal.  I can send documents to the printer to print from my phone.  But the printer  keeps saying that it can';t connect to the Internet (No Internet Connection).  I can't check ink levels, etc.  I have done all the troubleshooting suggested.  I have printed the Wireless Configuration Report and there are no Attention items.

How do I get a good internet connection.  Again all other devices in the house connecting to the network access internet just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To all:

Just actually solved this myself.  I have spent 2 to 4 hours between yesterday and today to no avail.  I just now tried this:

"Disable Web Services"

"Re-enable Web Services"

voila..I am now connected.

Not sure why I even thought that might work...but here's to an easy answer that hopefully helps others.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

To all:

Just actually solved this myself.  I have spent 2 to 4 hours between yesterday and today to no avail.  I just now tried this:

"Disable Web Services"

"Re-enable Web Services"

voila..I am now connected.

Not sure why I even thought that might work...but here's to an easy answer that hopefully helps others.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue but unfortunately, this solution as not worked for me.

HP Recommended

this solution saved my sanity. been trying for 3-4 days now trying to fix this problem. tanx to whoever posted

this solution...………..

HP Recommended

I also am having major issues with connecting ...help?

HP Recommended

In case this helps anyone, I eventually solved this for my HP 8610 by using the HP Printer Assistant software on my laptop instead of using the menu options on the printer itself. Use "Connect Printer to the Web", follow the instructions and you should get a new code. Then log in to your Instant Ink account on the web and enter the code. It may take a couple of tries to reconnect the printer using the little Retry icon, but it worked for me after about a minute. 

I've only just done this though, so I can't guarantee how long the connection will last (given that I have no clue at all why it lost the Web Services connection in the first place!).

HP Recommended

I have solved this for the moment although my eventual  path to success is far from clearcut as I was trying so many different things including umpteen restarts, disabling/re-enabling web services, resets, etc. and I am not sure where in the process things went right. For what it's worth, I think the key steps were as follows:

1. I used a network checking utility to get the printer's IP address and was then able to connect to the configuration menu.

2. If on, turn off wireless direct and restart the printer.

3. Turn on wireless direct

4. Print something using the method shown here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04577030 for my Mac.

5. Connected to hpconnected.com thence to instant ink and found that it was now in communication with my printer.

HP Recommended

I'm trying to change my hp 110 printer's router connection and it refuses to accept the password. I've checked, rechecked, entered, reentered, called my internet provider and even provided the technical support person with a photo of the password to make sure I was reading it correctly. I've turned the printer on/off multiple times. I've disabled/enabled wireless multiple times. And now I've just resorted to pulling my hair out. Suggestions?

HP Recommended

Our wifi provider upgraded and changed to a different company.  Our desktop computer, laptop, iphone and kindle were added with no problems.  I have an hp desk jet 2600 series used with the laptop (also hp).  I can't connect the printer to the wifi because the laptop keeps asking for an 8 digit password and the only one we have is 11 digits. Tech support from the wifi provider is no help. They said they don't do printers and sent me to hp support which turned out to be in China.  That was worse than useless.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.