Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just confirmed with Spectrum tech support the router I have is not able to connect HP wifi printer. According to Spectrum help desk technician the "new" routers are not configured to utilize WPS connectivity. WPS is not activated on the Spectrum router and the technicians can not override this. Note: I have a QR code and a WPS button on the back of my router and it is not able to be reconfigured to allow wifi devices to connect.  No ETM for this issue with Spectrum.  I can only use my printer if there is a usb port on my macbook pro to connect the printer. I am soooooo not happy with this limitation for service I pay well over 100 dollars a month for. Spectrum is the only option where I live for internet access and I just feel like I am held hostage to their substandard services. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ultimately found work around by downloading the installation software for the HP 3050 J610 from the HP Support website. Following the prompts with a USB cable attached to the printer I connected the device to my wireless network. Thank you for reaching out to assist me with finding a solution. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jayrich, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ultimately found work around by downloading the installation software for the HP 3050 J610 from the HP Support website. Following the prompts with a USB cable attached to the printer I connected the device to my wireless network. Thank you for reaching out to assist me with finding a solution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.