Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem and don't have internet except for my hotspot. When I called support they had me turn off the mobile mobile data and it printed with HP HP Direct but that also means I cannot print while being on on internet with my mobile data off. Seems the best answer would be to print while using my Hotspot but but I try that there is no print driver. What to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JoeMT5,

Thank you for replying,

I'm afraid the option which you are looking for may not work. In this scenario,

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@JoeMT5,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I see from your post you are having concern with connecting the printer to mobile hotspot. Don't worry I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand you are trying to connect the printer without a router. In this scenario, you can use your mobile phone as hotspot but when you do this, your mobile will act as a router.

In this scenario, you will no longer be able to print, however, you can connect another device to the same network and then you can try to print from that device.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your suggested solution won't work in my scenario because I don't have a secondary device to hook up and print with it. That leads me back to the situation in which does work By using the HP Direct but I have to turn off the "Mobile Data" in in settings. Is there any way to leave the mobile data on and still print with HP Direct?

HP Recommended

There is no androide app to use please?

Webmarketer et HP à fond. https://boutiqueaz.com/comparatif-cookeo-moulinex/
HP Recommended

I have the HP print service plugin installed and I also have tried using HP smart.

HP Recommended

@JoeMT5,

Thank you for replying,

I'm afraid the option which you are looking for may not work. In this scenario,

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please send me the solution.

HP Recommended

Can I print using my mobile hotspot?

HP Recommended

please send me the solution for connecting the hotspot with the 2630 printer 

HP Recommended

i have a 5740 all in one printer and use only a hotspot as my network.  would you kindly send me the solution referred to in this string for printing from the hotspot.   thank you.   RSchmidt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.