Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5746
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
I have uninstalled & reinstalled the android hp printer plugin. I have tried turning printer off then on.
I turn on my mobile hotspot.
I enable the printer plugin.
I turn on the printer.
I establish a connection to my hotspot successfully.
My hotspot recognizes the printer connection.
Problem:
The plugin never locates a printer. Why not?
I manually add the printer to the plugin. I show a device with a blue wifi connection icon.
My printer icon shows a steady blue light indicating my connection. I check my printer wifi status and it shows the connection.
Soooo
1) why cant i print from my mobile device?
2) why wont plugin find my printer?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The printer apps do not handle 2-step security for email. For me this is reason enough to not use HP apps.
What worked?
Installing the printer plugin & using the wifi direct feature. Could print photos, email, & web pages without a problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are they (Samsung device and printer) on a SAME network ? Have you try HP ePrint app ? Please use Google Play to install it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Let me reiterate...
I am connected to my mobile hotspot.
My S5 shows the printer connection.
The printer shows the hotspot connection.
The printer is on my mobile connection. It shows a successful connection on both ends so it is on the SAME NETWORK.
Eprint is fine for email but i want the print plugin to work instead. I want to print from something other than HP hosted email like my mobile device.
The plugin never shows the printer even after i manually add it.
The plugin never prints anything.
HP Recommended

@AndroidTxUser wrote:
... Eprint is fine for email but i want the print plugin to work instead. I want to print from something other than HP hosted email like my mobile device.....

Hi,

No, you can print many things using HP ePrint app. I think HP needs to work harder with the plug-in; the HP ePrint app is fine. HP may want to combine few apps (HP ePrint, HP AiO remote ..) to one suite called Plugin.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Apps wont handle 2-step email security. App is useless if it cant 2-step.
HP Recommended
Apps also wont search external SD card on mobile device.
HP Recommended
The printer apps do not handle 2-step security for email. For me this is reason enough to not use HP apps.
What worked?
Installing the printer plugin & using the wifi direct feature. Could print photos, email, & web pages without a problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.