Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear community members,

In general ePrint works fine with my HP OfficeJet 9010. I can send email to xxx@hpeprint.com from several e-mail accounts accept GMX. GMX rejects the sending request with "Invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record" and forwards the user to[edit] for more details. If I enter on that landing page the domain "hpeprint.com"  the following information is displayed:

MX CNAME Check

WARNING: CNAME was returned for the following MX records:
emailinbound-ext-prod.inc.hp.com
The CNAME(s) that were returned are listed above. This is not ok per the RFCs and can cause problems including mail being lost!

MX A request returns CNAME

WARNING: MX records points to a CNAME. CNAMEs are not allowed in MX records, according to RFC974, RFC1034 3.6.2, RFC1912 2.4, and RFC2181 10.3. The problem MX record(s) are:
emailinbound-ext-prod.inc.hp.com points to ['eprint-emailinbound.glbinc.hp.com']
This can cause problems

GMX tells that the error message  is due to a wrong email server configuration. The error occurs with WIN10 MAIL App, Android AquaMail Pro App as well as with the GMX owned browser based application.

Do you know anything about this problem?

Is there anything I can do from my side.

Thanks for any hints and help in advance.

Best regards,

Ralf

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@RalfBg

Welcome to HP support community.

I see that you are able to print from a different email address and unable to print only from GMX.

I request you to contact GMX mail to fix this issue.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sandytechy20,

thanks for your reply. But, before opening the blog in the HP support community I did really large searches on other portals. I'm afraid that if I address this topic to GMX they will send me back to you since they rejecting the sending due to some global server settings. As I mentioned in their refusal of sending they forward you to a URL that shows the server configuration. This information shows the error that I mentioned in my initial post.

I'm not technician enough to tell the configuration is correct and save and should be accepted by GMX.

Can you state from HP that the server configuration is correct and save and the sending request has to be sent to my printers e-mail address?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ralf

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem. My email is ionos. I strongly believe that the problem is with HP. Just look at the DNS configuration.  I used intodns.com and looked up hpeprint.com

HP Recommended

@RalfBg Considering the fact that other email addresses/services are working and GMX alone isn't, should show that the sever configurations is correct,

That said, you could try assigning a manual IP to your device for a more stable connection and retry the same, if it doesn't work, please contact them (GMX) for further support:

Please follow the below steps to assign a manual/static IP to resolve your concern:

-Verify in the printer that 'Auto Off/Sleep' is disabled. Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) by going to the printers IP address in your browsers address bar, click Settings Tab/Auto-Off. --Or use the Printer Assistant, Printer Home Page (EWS). Also, check your Printers Properties.

-If the printer supports and has IPv6 enabled, turn off IPv6 in the printer.

-If needed and you assigned a static IP address, try using 8.8.8.8 for the Preferred DNS server and 8.8.4.4 at the Alternate DNS server. 

-Verify the printer is on the latest firmware by checking with the HP Support site.

In the router: (Refer to your router manual for information) 

Use a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never 'auto', try channel 1 first then the rest. 

Set router to 20Mhz only, or 145Mbps depending on the router. 

Always use WPA2-AES (Personal) encryption, but you can try `mixed' mode. 

Disable WPS and never use it and disable UPnP for the routers security. Nobody can hack your system now and helps with wireless connectivity (if you want to know why search the web).

If you have a dual-band router (2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz bands), make sure the SSID's are NOT the same, they must be different for all bands, even for any Guest networks.

SSID broadcast must be enabled.

Save all settings. Power off both, wait 2 mins. Power on the router and wait 2 mins. 

Power on the printer and verify it reconnects to the router

You can also refer to the below video for the same. 

Note that, in the video, the interface shown is the Windows interface, but the steps are the same as it done using a web browser. 

And the article may have the title of another printer, but the steps are bound to help resolve your concern as well.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g

@ja6a Do you have the same printer? if not, which one do you have?

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a hp laserjet pro 200

i am able to use hp eprint from the same email to a different printer. 

i am suspicious because of the DNS reports. One could be forgiven for believing that the printer is old and hp want me to buy a new one. 

HP Recommended

@ja6a I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle_Decipher,

I opened a Private Message as recommended.

Best regards and thanks,
Ralf

HP Recommended

Having spoke to ionos - the problem is that they have implemented a RFC rule that prevents messages being sent to a CName. Since this is how HP are currently configuring the hpeprint mail boxes it doesn’t work from ionos. Google works OK. 

Question is : what are HP going to do?

HP Recommended

thats also my issue ... i can not sent mails to hpeprint anymore ... last month it was perfectly working from my ionos account.

Any news about that what Ja6a wrote?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.