Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2541

I have tried MULTIPLE times to connect my printer to my router for wireless printing but no matter what I do I get the mesage "The WPA security passphrase configured on your HP printer does not match your wireless router setting."

I am certain of my router password and have verified that it is correct but I continue to get this message and my printer will not connect to the router. I'm at a loss and ready to throw the printer in the trash.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jmmorris14

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

If you are certain of the WiFi password, then I suggest you reset the Network Settings back to defaults

- Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for 5 seconds

Next you can refer to page 48 - 51 in this User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03847745  to connect your printer back to your Router

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this didn’t work either. After resetting like suggested  I just tried multiple options for connecting. The pin method seemed the most promising but it fails as well. I get the message.... adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error. The reported error code is 0x80070643. Contact your device manufacturer for assistance. I’m at a loss. 

HP Recommended

@jmmorris14

Thanks for keeping me posted.

I suggested you contact our phone support for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.