Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

cannot print a picture to be 5x7 on my HP ENVY Photo 7155.  I have changed my print settings to 5x7 and still prints out a different size.  How can I get it to print the size I need it to be?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Lawgirl1

@Lawgirl1 wrote:

cannot print a picture to be 5x7 on my HP ENVY Photo 7155.  I have changed my print settings to 5x7 and still prints out a different size.  How can I get it to print the size I need it to be?

Different size??

Common causes of this result include (and may not be limited to):

• Not having installed the print software
  • The shape of the original image does not match the shape of the paper on which you are printing that image (aspect ratio).  The general fix for this is to manage / edit the shape of the image so it fits the shape of the paper you are using.
  • Incorrect (or incomplete) setup in the software used to view / print the image
  • The image is placed within a Word document and the manner in which the image was "inserted" is incorrect / incomplete / does not match the Options used within the Word document.  For example, the resolution setting is not compatible with the image or the image was placed into the document using "Copy/Paste" (should use Insert).

If you have not done so, be sure to install the Full Feature Software for the printer.

After the software is installed, Restart the compute and log in.

Consider using a photo / image print software that provides guidelines to eliminate configuration errors.

Download, Save, and install:

HP Photo Creations

After the software is installed:

Click Start (windows key) > all apps > scroll the list 

Open Category HP

Find the HP Photo Creations application

Right-Click on the application and PIN to Start

HP Photo Creations Support & Tips

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The option for a 5 x 7 doesn't even exist.  They allow a 5 x 8 which is not even a thing in the photo world.  How can I get the 5 x 7 option.  I have reloaded software.

HP Recommended

@kms226 

🤔

Product Specifications for the HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer (Z3M52A)

Paper Handling (Partial Excerpt)

Media sizes supported (metric)
A4; A5; B5; DL; C6; A6
Media sizes supported (U.S. standard)
Letter, 4 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
Media sizes, custom (metric)
97.79 x 215 to 127 x 355 mm
Media sizes, custom (U.S. standard)
3.85 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 in

This does require that 

• The Full Feature Software is installed and functional.
  • You are using an appropriate software (program) to open / view / print the image.
  • That "appropriate" software works with (is compatible with) the printer software.
  • The paper size is supported and that paper is loaded into the correct tray for the size.

For example, some printers only support photo paper size 4" x 6" in the provided photo tray.  Other sizes of paper should be loaded into the main tray with the slider bars moved to support the sides of the paper.

• After the paper is loaded into the correct tray (correct print side and orientation for the printer), the paper size / type must be changed / modified on the printer control panel.  (Model dependent).  If the exact size of paper (in the tray) is not reflected on the printer control panel list, select "Custom"; select the paper size in the printer software / program used to submit the job to the printer.

Reference

User Guide

Chapter 2 - subsection "Load paper"

If necessary, you can create a Custom Paper Size form :

Creating Custom Paper Sizes

NOTE:  Although the printer software supports the feature, not all image print / view programs can make use of custom size forms.  This is not a failing of the printer software nor is it a failing of the custom form setup.

General Example - HP Photo Creations 4x6 inch print

Your "size" selections will be different.

Photo_Creations_4x6_How-to_1Photo_Creations_4x6_How-to_1

Photo_Creations_Borderless_Printing_1Photo_Creations_Borderless_Printing_1

Reference

HP Photo Creations

If this does not work,

please Post New Question of your own on the subject.

1. Provide all the necessary information:  Printer model, Operating System and Version, software used
  2. To reduce duplication in how you are answered, indicate all that you have tried to resolve the issue on your own.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This printer has been only a source of stress. I would like my money back. Bought it to print 5x7 photos and it cannot perform that function . I live off grid so no WiFi to download the software. Why was it not installed at company ? This is a USELESS printer. Customer support is NEVER available. I want a full refund ASAP. Literally ruining my Christmas. Thus printer has been a full time job literally have spent hours trying to print my XMAS photos that I intended to gift. Bad product misrepresented. 

HP Recommended

@Snakebite1 

The printer, like many others in the world, was not meant to be living in the wild without the benefit of being able to download the software.  Having no way obtain the printer software is unfortunate - it is not actually a direct fault of the printer.

If you purchased the printer just recently, I am sorry you were not made aware of the fact that printers need access to devices - and those devices should be able to connect to the Internet for the purpose of installing printer software, obtaining access to documentation, and receiving updates for the printer. 

Having said that, I have asked that someone take a look.

Interestingly, you are "here" so you must have access to the Internet.

So, perhaps you can download a program from the Windows Store (for your Windows computer) or from your mobile device store / app store.

For example,

• There is a version of HP Smart for Windows 10
  • HP Smart is available for recent versions of mobile devices (iOS and Android)

“Print Anywhere App” Supported on Select Printers

HP Printers - Print Anywhere with the HP Smart App

HP Smart - iOS and Android - Download, How-to and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Mobile Printing – “Show and Tell” – Step by Step How-to

Learn how to connect and use your printer with your device

HP Mobile Printing - Print from Smart phone or Tablet

HP Smart - Help for Windows

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

Links to HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices,  includes an FAQ section

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

Merry Christmas 2019Merry Christmas 2019

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Snakebite1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.