Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Samsung C43X
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I have recently installed Big Sur 11.6 (not from a restored backup). I downloaded the  Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.01.dmg for the printer. I double-clicked on the .dmg and three folders were created in the Mac_Installer folder: MAC_Data, MAC_ICDM, and MAC_Printer. However, these drivers do not appear in the iMac's list of drivers when I try to add the printer.

Where should I look?

Is the driver suite not compatible with OS 11.6?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You would need to open teh Mac_Printer folder and launch the installation from there.

Please follow below steps to install the driver on a Mac computer, following the installation completion it will be added to the printer list:

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/samsung-xpress-sl-c430-color-laser-printer-series/16462518/mode...

If you experience issues launching the file, also try right-clicking it and select Open instead of double-clicking it.

Also, from System Preferences > Security & Privacy, make sure you do not see there in the first tab any option to allow any extension installation as an Allow button, see the bottom section of the screen.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You would need to open teh Mac_Printer folder and launch the installation from there.

Please follow below steps to install the driver on a Mac computer, following the installation completion it will be added to the printer list:

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/samsung-xpress-sl-c430-color-laser-printer-series/16462518/mode...

If you experience issues launching the file, also try right-clicking it and select Open instead of double-clicking it.

Also, from System Preferences > Security & Privacy, make sure you do not see there in the first tab any option to allow any extension installation as an Allow button, see the bottom section of the screen.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

In the installation instructions https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/samsung-xpress-sl-c430-color-laser-printer-series/16462518/mode... it suggests that a driver.pkg will arrive. what I got from the HP website was Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.01.dmg and NOT a .pkg.

When I clicked on that .pkg, I did not get installation instructions, but a new folder with three folders in it, as I said in my original post.

What am I doing wrong?

HP Recommended

I had to search in the .pkg to find the printers folder and then right-click and open to make it work. Which was not quite what your instructions said!

Otherwise, thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.