Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

whenever i go onto this godforsaken slow hp smart app, it always adds multiple new printers to the list of printers available to me. i only have the one printer, the deskjet 3755, but if i scroll through the list, it adds more options, and even if i try to push "forget printer" for them, they wont go away. im currently up to 143 and it keeps adding (also note- 142 of the printers are all offline versions of my printer). 

thankfully, my printer is connected to the app and works, but i can not for the life of me figure out how to get rid of 142 of these "offline"  printers. 

if anyone has any idea how to get rid of these in one sweep or just get rid of them please, i am drowning in printers

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi There,

Could you tell me a little more about your environment?

It seems you have a network, Wired or wireless?

How is the PC connected to the printer?

What version of windows are you running? 2004, 1909 

When did this multiple printer behavior start?

JonW

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.