MoanaH
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

inkjet3.driver will damage computer

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8625
macOS 10.15 Catalina

This printer has been reliable for years.  Now all of a sudden there is a screen that pops up when I try to print saying "inkjet3.driver will damage computer".  Not sure what to do. There's no way to contact HP it seems. Never had this happen before.  There doesn't seem a way to contact HP.  I hope someone finds the solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Davepix
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I manage a fleet of 90 macs and one just had the same message pop up. I'd like to know what this is and how to deal with it before the other 89 suddenly can't print probably sometime in the next three hours.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MoanaH
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you find out the solution?

Ceejayhill
1 1 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I figured out a solution. I went to the HP site and just re-downloaded the updated driver for my HP model printer. Followed the process and prompts. I removed any files it told me would damage my computer (there were 2). Once I did that printed the document (of course after it told me two of my ink cartridges needed replacing lol). I run a MacBook Air ps. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation