Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-21-2020 05:56 PM
I recently got and set up my HP Envy 6055 printer. Today, after I hit the wifi icon on the printer and got a printer setup page printed (didn't know that would happen), I now get a popup on the HP Smart app which is preventing me from using the app.
The popup says "A change in Printer certificate was detected. Do you want to accept the new certificate? Accepting the new certificate is required for printer communication."
I hit OK, but the message goes away and comes right back. There's no way to accept the certificate. If I hit Cancel then it goes away and comes back upon any action or navigation within the app.
I've already tried killing the app and rebooting the printer, but that didn't help.
06-25-2020 04:45 AM
@Swali, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Try the steps below-
Restart your wireless router, the printer, and your phone.
Check for any updates available for your Android phone.
Re-install the app from here. Follow the steps mentioned in this document to know how to print and scan.
Check if the error persists.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
06-26-2020 07:50 AM
Hi @Swali ,
Please try below steps for 'change of printer certification' issue:
Steps to resolve the issue:
- Clear HP Smart app Data from Android Mobile device. Go to Mobile Phone Setting -> Apps -> HP Smart –> Storage –> Clear Data
- Power Off the printer, wait for 1 minute, power on the printer, wait until the printer is connected to the wireless network (lightbar is steady on)
- Launch HP Smart app, add the printer by tapping ‘+’
What will happen in HP Smart app after ‘Clear data’
- User will run through all the dialogs again like a fresh HP Smart app installation.
- User needs to add all printers to HP Smart app again by tapping ‘+’
- Tiles shown in home page will become default. User has to personalize tiles again.
- HPID and Cloud accounts are signed out. User needs to login again.
- This does not affect Smart Tasks, Mobile Fax which are part of cloud service.
Please let me know if that helps.
If my post resolve your problem please click "Accepted Solution"
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
07-03-2020 10:28 PM - edited 07-03-2020 10:30 PM
I had the same exact problem with my Envy 5055. I deleted the printer from the HP Smart app, then unintalled the app. Then I reset the printer to factory settings. I turned the printer off, rebooted my mobile device and then reinstalled the app. Then I turned the printer back on, went to HP Smart app and readded the printer. It works perfectly now. Thank goodness because I was at the end of my rope. Hope this helps others!!
07-08-2020 11:50 AM
I had the same issue with my HP Envy 5055 inkjet printer on both my Chromebook, and my android phone. I uninstalled the HP Smart app, and then reinstalled it from the Google Play Store on both the Chromebook, and the android phone. This resolved my issue on both the Chromebook and the phone.